Lame...

Unknown
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm sure there's somebody out there that feels my pain. Finished the Gauntlet the first day it opened with no intentions of grinding nodes for 20 ISO with hopes of getting all rewards; by all means open up a real PVE already. Sitting first in SHIELD Simulator and not looking to spend a bunch of ISO skipping to find higher opponents from other brackets. Fly Fight WIn just ended and the new PVP doesn't open for an hour.

Comments

• Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    So do... something else for an hour? Have a nap?
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    First world problems
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    I, however, must praise OP for his strikingly accurate thread title.
  • Pylgrim wrote:

Because it accurately depicts the situation or the thread?
  • Pylgrim wrote:

Because it accurately depicts the situation or the thread?

Both
  • Thanks folks. We'll be here all week. Try the veal.
  • You're mad, manami!
  • Thank you guys. I almost killed myself choking and laughing.

That must be the best thread ever in weeks here. Even if the main goal of the OP was not to make us laugh.

========================

However, let's get serious for a minute.

Here is the advice of an MPQ freak on "how to not spoil the medpacks" :

Make sure you play enough matches to kill a big part of your roster, and have 0 medpacks. And follow any advice up above this thread like : having a nap or do something else.

Even if you don't get a lot of points (in Sim for instance), you will grind Iso.

=======================

Even more serious, this thread shows how addict this game has made some of us become (I am one of them, I acknowledge).
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    awww a top tier player is sad. let me get you a tissue
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Take a walk around the house and see if you still recognize your family...
  • Haha, of course it's all in good fun! Great advice here friends. You know how it is for MPQ junkie when they need their ISO fix.

Side note: I'm not a fan of farming the Shield Sim anymore now that your point total counts in the Season. When a new PVP opens up I farm like crazy for all that ISO because I'm not worried about retaliations early on. It's a shame that Lightning Rounds don't run constant.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    I guess I'll take the minority stance and actually agree with the OP.
    This has been several days now where there is very little to do in the game.
    I'm glad that the majority of the forums love the break but I'd rather be playing MPQ than playing other games on my steam library.

It's not like they'd have to release a ton of new content either. Simply release LR's 24/7.
    They could even cut the ISO and placement rewards in half for those events to compensate for the additional events.
  • babinro wrote:
    They could even cut the ISO and placement rewards in half for those events to compensate for the additional events.

Humm... How can I say ?

JUST NO !
  • babinro wrote:
    I guess I'll take the minority stance and actually agree with the OP.
    This has been several days now where there is very little to do in the game.
    I'm glad that the majority of the forums love the break but I'd rather be playing MPQ than playing other games on my steam library.

It's not like they'd have to release a ton of new content either. Simply release LR's 24/7.

Well, even I am not playing the Gauntlet anymore, I still can find way to use all my medpacks and grind Iso. Even if I play the matches for 3-5 points. I get little retaliation because guys don't want to bother with XForce and Hood (and deadpool in sim).
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    arktos1971 wrote:
    babinro wrote:

Humm... How can I say ?

JUST NO !
    Just trying to offer an alternative without drastically impacting the intended flow of ISO. It's not like I'd complain if we got way more ISO but there are business reasons why they restrict how quickly we get these resources.
  • babinro wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    babinro wrote:

Humm... How can I say ?

JUST NO !
    Just trying to offer an alternative without drastically impacting the intended flow of ISO. It's not like I'd complain if we got way more ISO but there are business reasons why they restrict how quickly we get these resources.

Before you can grind the 7 million Iso necessary (and soon 8 million) to max a complete roster, you can play LRs night and day at triple the current rate. icon_e_biggrin.gif