Token trade in value

Options
How about an exchange rate system for tokens?

Currently 100 HP will buy you a the equivalent of a heroic token (once per day) and 125 HP will upgrade a cover for a 1*, 500 HP for a 2*, 1250 HP for a 3* and 2500 for a 4*.

So why not make it possible to use heroic tokens to upgrade covers?

1* covers: 2 tokens to upgrade or 7 tokens to unlock a power you haven't gotten the first cover for the character yet (without the option of unlocking a brand new character you have no covers for)
2* covers: 6 tokens to upgrade or 20 to unlock
3* covers: 14 tokens to upgrade and 43 to unlock
4* covers: 30 tokens to upgrade and 94 to unlock (pricing assumes some future 4* characters will be best in game)

I'm not sure how many people would do it...especially for the very costly ones, but it would give people a chance to overcome the random luck inherent in the system if they're willing to play a lot, be patient and save their rewards.

Comments

• They all seem over priced you have better chance using the tokens to get people, also if you buy a heroic token it is automatically redeems its self, so it can only be from earned tokens. I would rather be given an option to sell tokens. I.e. heroic tokens 250 iso, 25hp
  • Dexxter wrote:
    How about an exchange rate system for tokens?

Currently 100 HP will buy you a the equivalent of a heroic token (once per day) and 125 HP will upgrade a cover for a 1*, 500 HP for a 2*, 1250 HP for a 3* and 2500 for a 4*.

So why not make it possible to use heroic tokens to upgrade covers?

1* covers: 2 tokens to upgrade or 7 tokens to unlock a power you haven't gotten the first cover for the character yet (without the option of unlocking a brand new character you have no covers for)
    2* covers: 6 tokens to upgrade or 20 to unlock
    3* covers: 14 tokens to upgrade and 43 to unlock
    4* covers: 30 tokens to upgrade and 94 to unlock (pricing assumes some future 4* characters will be best in game)

I'm not sure how many people would do it...especially for the very costly ones, but it would give people a chance to overcome the random luck inherent in the system if they're willing to play a lot, be patient and save their rewards.

I like this idea, especially if you just look at your suggestions as just that... suggestions... I'm sure if the devs went down this road they would research what the ideal token-to upgrade/unlock would be. Alternatively, I also like the suggestion of turning tokens into HP which would give people more options. Do they use the tokens for an increased reward? Do they use the HP to buy a Diabolical token? Upgrade their current skills? Unlock more cover spaces?

People need a reason to keep playing... either the instant gratification/risk of using a token or saving up a lot of tokens for the delayed gratification. The way the game is currently structured it doesn't seem like either is much of an option for higher level players.

Or I mean... you could always play for hours for a small chance to get the Hulk/Punisher or slog through 6 billion Wolvies/Caps then go to a tourney and place 21-175 and get more Wolvies as a reward..... .... ....
  • Yes my numbers are just that, a suggestion. That being said, I made the numbers slightly more than even for covers based on HP cost and covers being valued at 100HP each...then made unlocks just slightly more than 3x the upgrade cost. Maybe it's too much, but how much is that last cover really worth to a player?