The message I'm getting from D3: Don't buy Hero Points

Options
2»

Comments

• Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    Zifna wrote:
    D3, Hero points are a digital good. There is nothing keeping you from giving us partial (or total!) recompense, and rewarding our investment in your game and company. I understand why you're giving everyone 20 slots, but your decision effectively punishes those who've invested in your game to reward those who've invested less.

Take a page from the book of other game makers. When you take something from your players that they paid for (in this case, an exclusive advantage)... GIVE SOMETHING BACK.

55930227.jpg
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Raffoon wrote:
    55930227.jpg

The only thing that could make that better is if it was written to encompass Uncle Scrooge's accent.

"No, you can't 'ave 'em. I need 'em for my swimming pool!"
  • I think he's probably say it like " I need 'em for me swimming pool!"
  • Zifna wrote:

Ridiculous! Even if he has "made back" the hero points, he put DOLLARS into the game to buy those hero points. He didn't intentionally put dollars in to go zero-sum on hero points, and neither did I or anyone else who put cash into this game. I put cash into this game for what appeared to be a sustained advantage not acquirable any other way. I didn't just trade cash for hero points for no reason...!

The ridiculousness of this response is superbly disingenuous and frustrating.

+1