[FIY-FIGHT-WIN PvP]I was attacked when I shielded up

Options
dreamer128tw
dreamer128tw Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
FIY-FIGHT-WIN PvP]I am attacked when the shieldgrey.png shield as well as 40 minutes after lift and lost 7X points(1win and 2 lost),
but the bracket show that my shield is not enabled,what is wrong?

To stop the loss,
I had to lift the shield for 2 fight(system still ask me yes or no for unshield) and shield pvpshield.png (3hr) again.
If I had not noticed earlier message notification about I was attcked ,I will lose more.
I hope that the Official team have a reasonable reply and improvement measures.

Screenshot_2014-11-02-16-45-20_zps6fe88b77.pngScreenshot_2014-11-02-16-45-27_zps23546a6d.png

Comments

• quadiak
    quadiak Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This happened to me as well. I put an 8 hr shield on in 1st place in my bracket and set an alarm to wake me up 15 minutes b4 my shield would expire. Only to wake up and find my shield had not expired but I will say leaked, for lack of better terminology. I lost 212 points due to this issue and instead of finishing in 1st place, I will be lucky to finish top 5. I have sent a ticket in, so I hope D3 can rectify this situation satisfactorily.
  • Maybe related to Daylight Savings Time?
  • quadiak
    Options
    Kaigen wrote:
    Maybe related to Daylight Savings Time?
    It must be, their servers must have created a glitch.

As for myself, I know I was back in game within 7hrs and 45 minutes and the timer on the shield was correct. The shield just stopped working, and like dreamer, I also had to do a match to break my shield so as I could re shield. Very frustrating.
  • quadiak
    Options
    After sending a ticket into d3 customer service, this is the reply I received in conjunction with this error.
    Hello D3P Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3P Customer Support.

Did you put the shield up and then immediately close the game? This could be occurring because of client to server latency.

In these cases, this is what happens:
    1.You are attacked by another player. This player completes their fight, defeating you.
    2. You purchase a shield.
    3. The server is notified you purchased the shield immediately, but the other player's fight is already completed and you have lost points.
    4. The server informs you you have lost points.

If you put a shield up and immediately went to sleep, for example, there could have been players that had just won fights against you that you weren't notified about. Then, if you opened the app 8 hours later, it may seem like you had just been attacked, when these notifications had just been pending for 8 hours.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3Publisher Customer Support Team (LJR)

So nice to see customer service doing such a bang up job!!!
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    quadiak wrote:
    After sending a ticket into d3 customer service, this is the reply I received in conjunction with this error.
    Hello D3P Customer,

Did you put the shield up and then immediately close the game? This could be occurring because of client to server latency.

1.You are attacked by another player. This player completes their fight, defeating you.
    3. The server is notified you purchased the shield immediately, but the other player's fight is already completed and you have lost points.

If you put a shield up and immediately went to sleep, for example, there could have been players that had just won fights against you that you weren't notified about. Then, if you opened the app 8 hours later, it may seem like you had just been attacked, when these notifications had just been pending for 8 hours.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,

Nice. So; are you going to follow up with the suggestion that it is statistically impossible to lose 200+ points within the few seconds it takes to pull up and confirm the purchase of a shield?
    Or are you just going to accept that this is the hand you've been dealt by the **** CS departement's arbitrary following of prescripted problem resolutions?
  • quadiak
    Options
    _RiO_ wrote:
    quadiak wrote:
    Hello D3P Customer,

Best Regards,

Nice. So; are you going to follow up with the suggestion that it is statistically impossible to lose 200+ points within the few seconds it takes to pull up and confirm the purchase of a shield?
    Or are you just going to accept that this is the hand you've been dealt by the **** CS departement's arbitrary following of prescripted problem resolutions?
    A follow up has sent, I will keep ev1 posted.
  • I had the same problem, opened the same ticket. Guess what? Obviously, I got the same response. Sad.

I opened it again and also linked to this.
  • quadiak
    Options
    D3's final reply on this issue.....
    D3PA Customer Support (D3Publisher)
    Nov 06 16:48

Hello D3P Customer,

We apologize, but we are unable to provide you with compensation regarding this issue. The MPQ server is unaffected by DST.

Best Regards,
    D3Publisher Customer Support Team (AJG)

Thank you for screwing your loyal supporters!!!!
  • qiwi-mpq
    Options
    I want to add that's it's absolutely disgraceful that D3 didn't even offer the minimum reparation of refunding the shield cost since it obviously didn't do its job.