Locked out Team-ups in The Gauntlet - very interesting!

Unknown
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I think I first saw something about this in the bug section, but it does not seem to be a bug. It is however, quite interesting and certainly presents a lot of opportunity to spade.

Let's start with Gauntlet Simulation 07 on the Easy (Wilderness Survival) node.

Enemy team of:
icon_moonstone.pngicon_yelena.pngicon_juggernaut.png

Go in with icon_wolverine.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_hood.png on your team.
They should have a icon_daken.pngblueflag.png team-up.

Take out icon_captainamerica.png to run icon_magneto.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_hood.png
They should have a icon_captainamerica.pngyellowflag.png team-up.

Try icon_daken.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_wolverine.png - do you now see a icon_daredevil.pngblueflag.png for their team-up?

Come back with icon_daken.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_daredevil.png - opponents should now have a icon_psylocke.pngredflag.png

icon_magneto.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_blackpanther.png gives them icon_blackwidow.pngredflag.png
icon_magneto.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_falcon.png gives them icon_storm.pngblueflag.png
icon_deadpool.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_falcon.png gives them icon_caroldanvers.pngredflag.png

The real interesting thing to me, is that *I think* it seems to be set per node, with all of the different combinations resulting in a different specific team-up for the opponents.

I tried this: Went to a few nodes where the enemy has 3 characters. Brought the exact characters they have from another node, and swapped.
So in the middle sub, went to nodes where they have:
icon_captainamerica.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_storm.png , brought my own icon_colossus_new.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_psylocke.png . That resulted in them getting a icon_moonstone.pngredflag.png team up.

Swapped it and brought icon_captainamerica.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_storm.png to the node where they have icon_colossus_new.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_psylocke.png. It results in the AI getting icon_blackpanther.pngblackflag.png

So it's either a unique combination per node, or it's taking into account which side the characters are on. Very neat.

It does not seem to matter what version of a character you run. So any icon_wolverine.png of yours will negate their chance at a icon_wolverine.png team-up. It also does not matter what order you put them in (left to right).

I think there's a lot of potential to figure out what combinations of characters on your team result in which specific team-ups.

Comments

• I just checked, and you are right. Congrats !

Can we get some explanation about the Team Up choice AI gets ? Is there some logics behind it ?
  • Bah, hum bug. I know confirmation bias when I see it. Just BC the rgn gods give everyone the same ai tup who use the same set team comps, this doesn't prove anything. Next, you'll claim the ai gets better cascades from green juggs and rags than players. Then after that you'll make the really outrageous claim that mpq is some sort of game and the hulk is green.
  • Bah, hum bug. I know confirmation bias when I see it. Just BC the rgn gods give everyone the same ai tup who use the same set team comps, this doesn't prove anything. Next, you'll claim the ai gets better cascades from green juggs and rags than players. Then after that you'll make the really outrageous claim that mpq is some sort of game and the hulk is green.

I agree with you 75%!