Should MPQ have Seasonal events

themoneymaker
themoneymaker Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey guys, quick poll on whether you think MPQ should have seasonal events or give away seasonal prizes such as the Anniversary Event and Blade dropping on halloween. I think good events would be
blacktile.png A Christmas Story PVE 23-28th December
blacktile.png New Years Eve gift: Black Deadpool 31st of December - 1st of January
blacktile.png Valentine's day gift : 75 Hp 14 February
blacktile.png NBA All Star Game Nodes one where you play as the top 3 heroes boosted to level 270 vs the top 3 villains boosted to lvl 270 and one thats vice versa each giving 50 hp February 15-16
blacktile.png St. Patricks Day NEW GREEN CHARACTER March 17th
thats just a few suggestions, leave yours in the replies if you want to. This may be a minor thing to create a poll on and discuss but i personally think that seasonal events are fun and add a lot to the game.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Christmas: 2 characters like Devil Dinosaur

Suggestion: 4* Howard the Duck and 4* Squirrel-Girl
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    even though we just had the big anniversary event, i'm hopeful we get some good rewarding events for christmas or at the least for new year's.....maybe a free X-force cover of our choice for christmas, hint hint D3.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not like D3 hasn't thought about doing seasonal events before, as you can see with the Blade "Halloween" stuff. They just don't have the developer bandwidth to create anything more meaningful for all of these seasonal events, so what you see is basically the extent of what they want to give. Any more, and you're looking at cutting development time from other aspects of the game, such as new game modes, so on and so forth for what basically amounts to a once per year event type of deal. I would much rather have another PvE event or game mode like the Gauntlet that can be run multiple times throughout the year than a silly holiday specific event that's run once every year, so I would hate it if they did any holiday event that actually involves significant amounts of work. Random gifts and stuff would be fine, but brand new holiday PvEs seem completely unnecessary.
  • This is going to be a bit selfish but I don't want them to be used to throw lots of characters that aren't meant to be useful at us. I'm a transitioning player so the more chances at completing my current roster, the better icon_razz.gif
  • themoneymaker
    themoneymaker Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    It's not like D3 hasn't thought about doing seasonal events before, as you can see with the Blade "Halloween" stuff. They just don't have the developer bandwidth to create anything more meaningful for all of these seasonal events, so what you see is basically the extent of what they want to give. Any more, and you're looking at cutting development time from other aspects of the game, such as new game modes, so on and so forth for what basically amounts to a once per year event type of deal. I would much rather have another PvE event or game mode like the Gauntlet that can be run multiple times throughout the year than a silly holiday specific event that's run once every year, so I would hate it if they did any holiday event that actually involves significant amounts of work. Random gifts and stuff would be fine, but brand new holiday PvEs seem completely unnecessary.

Great response and yea that's what I meant by seasonal events, perhaps 1 or 2 PvEs a year but most holidays we could receive double iso and hp for the day or a small hp reward. I don't think small rewards like that would cut into development time that much that it wouldn't be something they could do.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards

But this is more a logistics issue than a developmental one. Even if you are right that they're are way too pressed as it is to create a special event that they can only run once per year, there are still ways to mark the occasion such as sales, a tiny bit of re-skinning and a few freebies. The gauntlet could have very easily have been themed to be a Halloween event, building up more expectation on the fact that it's the only even with tokens containing Blade.