How to "fix" the Gauntlet...

Pwuz_
Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2014 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
Ok, I love the Gauntlet, but I know some people are bummed because the best rewards are locked out for them since they don't have Blade, Captain Marvel, and/or Daken.

WHAT IF:

The Gauntlet played exactly the same as it currently does, BUT
after you finish the final non-essential node, EVERY previous node became worth SOME points.

Basically I'm thinking that by clearing every non-essential node a 2nd time, a player could earn enough points to hit the final Progression reward.

Players who have the essential characters can take the short route of fighting every node only once (and let's be honest, those essential nodes are WAY easier than the nodes following.)
Players who don't have the essential characters have the option to grind through a 2nd time to earn those final rewards. Sure it's harder, but it's not impossible like it is currently.

Comments

• If D3 wants to be nice they can just loan you a 1/0/0 character instead. If not, there's no reason for them to make any other changes.
  • Pwuz_
    Phantron wrote:
    If D3 wants to be nice they can just loan you a 1/0/0 character instead. If not, there's no reason for them to make any other changes.

That's in essence how a lot of us (ranked top 51-150) are playing right now. I'm not trying to give everyone an EASY way to get all the rewards. I'm just suggesting trying to make it POSSIBLE.
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    If D3 wants to be nice they can just loan you a 1/0/0 character instead. If not, there's no reason for them to make any other changes.

That's in essence how a lot of us (ranked top 51-150) are playing right now. I'm not trying to give everyone an EASY way to get all the rewards. I'm just suggesting trying to make it POSSIBLE.

I'm not saying it's a handout or anything. It's just that if D3 wants to throw people a bone all they have to do is change those essential nodes to team-up instead of essential, so the fact that they're not doing it means they likely have no intention of changing it in any way. So there's no reason to have a convoluted way to do the same thing as making the nodes team-up instead.
  • To fix the gauntlet make the prizes something other than garbage or throttle back the enemy strength.

Hey i beat 3 x 200 level opponents and got a 3 pack of critical boosts for my troubles. Wow. If i waste a bunch of iso or money i can win a panther cover. Wow!
  • To fix the gauntlet make the prizes something other than garbage or throttle back the enemy strength.

Hey i beat 3 x 200 level opponents and got a 3 pack of critical boosts for my troubles. Wow. If i waste a bunch of iso or money i can win a panther cover. Wow!

I felt the same way. I got captain marvel and decided the rest wasn't worth it. Not worth the time or the frustration.
  • Alternative: the final node gives you one cover of the needed character. Eh? Eh? ^^
  • Pwuz_
    Alternative: the final node gives you one cover of the needed character. Eh? Eh? ^^

To be clear, you are asking for 1250 HP. 2500 if we are talking about a 4*.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only in the sense that the top progression reward in a regular PvP is 1250 HP, or that a top 10 placement gives you 5150 HP (including alliance reward). Which is to say not at all.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    Alternative: the final node gives you one cover of the needed character. Eh? Eh? ^^

Uhm; no.

1250 and 2500 HP are the ridiculously overpriced options of upgrading a power of your exact choosing on a 3* or 4* character of your exact choosing. The reason those options have a pricepoint set as high as it is, is because they are always usable (provided you have atleast one cover in the particular color you want to upgrade). Setting them at a reasonable level would mean cover pack sales would essentially stagnate.

This is wholy different from being awarded just one more random cover on the featured character.
  • Pwuz_ wrote:

Right, because when I top 10'd that last event along with my alliance, I got 100+100+2500 hero points.

No, I mean as a standard progression reward. The last node in the gauntlet is notoriously difficult. Beating that should mean you managed something special, and get a prize for doing so. And what better prize than the ability to complete the mode? Your argument seems really silly, not gonna lie.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    how about just let you attempt all essentials short handed?
  • Pwuz_
    fmftint wrote:

For as much good as my 1/0/1 Blade was doing for me, wouldn't have hurt my chances of finishing it.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

For as much good as my 1/0/1 Blade was doing for me, wouldn't have hurt my chances of finishing it.
    I had to do Captain Marvel and Daken Essentials with one cover each