Eliminate crit boosts from PVE events

Hotnfresh
Hotnfresh Posts: 55 Match Maker
edited November 2014 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
I've been playing this game for a while now, great job!

But!-- Half the fun is getting your rewards. And when you're on a roll, health stays up and you can hop from node to node, you expect a reward for your awesomeness! Then you get crit boosts and a smile icon_e_smile.gif turns to a frown icon_e_sad.gif.

In the Gauntlet, just got 5+ crit boost rewards in a row. Yay -_- After playing this game for so long, it starts to feel like wasted time when the rewards aren't helping build the roster in some way, and/or providing something useful. I think others generally agree that crit boosts aren't very useful. For the amount of time invested in the game, better rewards provide loyal players more incentive to keep playing.

Thanks.

Comments

• Crit boosts are part of the 4 standard possible drop for winning which is probably why you're seeing a lot of them. They're not any more likely to drop otherwise.
  • Hotnfresh
    I understand that but I'm suggesting to remove them. They don't even need to exist. This way you either get ISO or a token.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    The only characters that can really benefit from crit boosts are either those with a 4,5x crit multiplier (cHawkeye, mHawkeye, Bullseye, 2* and 3* Captain Marvel, Hood, Colossus, Deadpool, Blade) and/or those that can create crits semi-reliably (2* and 3* Thor, Hulk, GSBW, MMN, Doom). Even 20 ISO is more useful than a crit boost in general; but I would love to see both go and crit boosts not to be seen anymore often than other types of boosts.
  • Hotnfresh wrote:
    I understand that but I'm suggesting to remove them. They don't even need to exist. This way you either get ISO or a token.

If they do eliminated them you'll probably just TU match damage boosts instead, though even that would probably be an improvement.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Hotnfresh wrote:

If they do eliminated them you'll probably just TU match damage boosts instead, though even that would probably be an improvement.

That would be better, at the very least since most people don't have 30 of them already. I'd like to see them replaced with a random or rotating boost instead; my reserves are so depleted on most of them I barely use any of them any more.
  • Hotnfresh
    Glad to see some feedback.

Yeah, it doesn't benefit anyone to reward crit boosts for PVE events. It's a matter of time vs reward. In LR's/PVP/SIM, the amount of time invested rewards a comparable amount of ISO and boosts. But in an event like the Gauntlet, the higher end nodes take time and more strategy. And to be rewarded crit boosts (of all things) node after node provides no incentive to continue with the event, especially when the progression rewards are mediocre at best.

Even if they kept crit boosts around, (as mentioned it can benefit some char's more than others), I get it. But to reward them as a 1 in 4 chance with lvl 250+ matches? Most players aren't going to grind down nodes like that. They'll hit them once or twice and move on. And with a guarantee of 70+ ISO or a token as reward for first time completion of a node, I feel ripped off when getting the crit boosts.
  • hmm. maybe i should make myself play with bullseye until i use all my crit boosts, all of them!
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    hmm. maybe i should make myself play with bullseye until i use all my crit boosts, all of them!
    star.pngicon_hawkeye.png is probably a better choice. His are at least cheap.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pre-nerf CMag was the only character where the crit boost was a viable option. Now, if you're looking for a boost, it's really unlikely you'd have a good reason to select the crit boost as one of them. I'd be happy to see them replaced with more useful boosts.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mags/CStorm/Hawkeye + 1st Gauntlet with enemies 150 levels your superior = Crit Boosts come in handy sometimes. In harder PvE battles, they can be a lifesaver, especially with a board manipulator like MMags or GSBW.