A Letter from Old Man Gamer

To Whom it may concern,

I am writing this letter on the morning of October 29th 2014 the year of our Lord (Thanos) 2014. I apologize in advance for my scribing as my body and mind are under the effects of severe sleep deprivation due the search for a certain Daywalker and the consumption of two cups of coffee a 5 Hour Energy and a stale half eaten chocolate bar I found in the drawer at my office. Before I go any further I first want to express my love and devotion for all things Marvel Puzzle Quest. True (Trolls icon_twisted.gif ) it is not perfect, but in my many years on this earth I have played very few games that are as remarkably entertaining and yet so elegant in their simplicity. My enthusiasm for the game is such that even my wife not a nerd icon_e_ugeek.gif such as myself has become emerged in the world of iso8.png and imcoin.pngspideycoin.png . In fact she now owns a pair of Punisher sweatpants and socks that she dons when we are “Marveling” as we affectionately refer to it. MPQ is now a daily topic of discussion and often instead of asking how was your day the first phrase uttered when one of us walks in the door is “did you open any sweet covers?” It’s safe to say we are passionate about this game and are always looking to spread the word.

With that said I have a few thoughts/ suggestions on ways that may improve the game for some as well have a few glitches that I’ve noticed recently that I think should be pointed out.

1a) I can understand and appreciate the idea behind long PvEs, but some of them such as the Hunt for Blade are too long, especially for 30 something working professionals such as my wife and I. In order to place well in the event ( Congrats to Pigpig05 for your top 10 finish) my wife had to endure multiple sleepless nights and early rises. We appreciate the grind, but it would be great if the events altered in length. If some of the events that started at Noon on Thursday/ Friday (Eastern Standard Time) would end on Saturday night or even Sunday afternoon it would be a welcome change of pace.
1b) Along the same lines as above I have found that often times we have received the “Final Prize” a full day or even two before the event ends. I know the goal is to try and get the covers at the end and finish top tier, however it would be greatly more motivating to say give a random achievement prize every 5000 points or so after the final one, almost like the awesome resupply that is given daily.

2) Are there any plans for MPQ swag (T-Shirts, Figures…) we are always looking for a way to support and promote the game.

3) A few days ago I used a healthpack.png to heal The Hood and then proceeded to leave the game. When I came back he was unhealed and the healthpack.png was unused. A day later I added a yellowflag.png Magneto cover to the character and left the game, only to return and have the cover sitting in my un-recruited roster space. The final and most troubling case of this was when I opened a purpleflag.png Nick Fury cover and after many days of deliberation and only an hour and a half until he would vanish I decided to sell off my redflag.png Devil Dino in order to add Nick to my roster. When I came back Devil Dino was sitting there grinning and Nick was nowhere to be found as the time had expired. Now I realize I probably should have reported the issue sooner and taken steps to avoid this, but it’s still a huge bummer to lose one of the rarest covers in the game that I worked so hard to get. Is there any other reports of the issue where if you close your ipad after updating a character and not playing a mission that it doesn’t save? Please help!

4) I have noticed that when playing against the computer that Human Torch’s Flame Jet does not lose any power even if the computer does not generate any new greentile.png AP. This can lead to some awkward situations and damage piling up rapidly.

I have a few more thoughts but I will save them for another letter.
Till then congrats to the whole MPQ community on over a year of epicness, and thanks to everyone behind the scenes for the following:
Free Anniversary cardpack.png .
The bonus cardpack.png when there was a glitch in the versus mode to get 3 star.png Thor.
The open forum to discuss this amazing game.
And most of all the hard work and devotion to the game and its players.

---Verikhan

Comments