Combined Arms - another rewards

Jim_MatriX_cz
Jim_MatriX_cz Posts: 90
edited October 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I just received once more rewards for combined arms - top1 place. Another teammates reports the same. Also Venom PVE reward "reawarded" - what is it? icon_lol.gif

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    A happy accident?
  • russreid91
    russreid91 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    I just got the red and green Rags for top ten finish as did a friend. One of my alliance mates just got a yellow Fury and LCap for the Venom Heroic. And the ISO and HP that goes with it.

Woot, as Halloween approaches there is a ghost in the machine. icon_twisted.gif

Wonder if this has to do with them fixing the leaderboard server, if so keep fixing it icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Same happened to me and I was wondering if anyone else experienced it. I got Rags and LCap covers and the ISO and HP. I thought "Wait, wasn't Combined Arms like 2 weeks ago? Did I not get the awards originally and I just didn't realize it?". As simonsez said....happy accident. I'll take it.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2014
    Maybe it has something to do with the leader boards glitch. They were trying to get all the past event scores up and it kind of reprocessed them or something.

edit; couple people mentioned that they never got the rewards the first time around. Thinking back, I can't remember if I got them when I was supposed to or not. Maybe they are just really, really late.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just got rewards for both events too. Is never missing them.
  • There is already an "undercover" topic about this to keep it secret from the devs icon_razz.gif

Topic is called " PVP hates me because I got no Sentry".

Shshshshs the devs will hear it.
  • CHANGE THE TITLE OF THE THREAD, YOU FOOL! icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Edit the title to "I want free 3* covers and tokens". No dev will bother icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eh, they don't usually take back mistaken rewards. I don't remember them ever doing that, because players might have already applied the covers, spent the iso, or used the hp.
  • I'm blaming Deadpool for this...
  • I sold the covers and put all the iso into Beast, so it's not like I'm getting a competitive advantage out of it.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, same just happened to me. Finished top 25 prizes.
    If I'd have known I'd have tried harder two weeks ago to break the top 5 =P

I figure D3 will simply chalk it up to a mistake that works in peoples' favour rather than take stuff back, but I'm still leaving it just in case.
  • scottee wrote:
    Eh, they don't usually take back mistaken rewards. I don't remember them ever doing that, because players might have already applied the covers, spent the iso, or used the hp.
    I remember at least one person getting sandboxed for applying a cover from mistaken/extra rewards in the past. But I will sell the cover I got since I don't remember if I got those Combined Arms solo rewards originally.
  • I got the combined arms but nothing for the venom one, granted it all would have been simply Iso.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Is it bad that I can't remember getting the icon_ragnarok.png covers originally? Poor clone-bot gets no love anymore.
  • David Hi-Fi replied in another thread telling it was a mistake on their ends and it is safe to get the rewards and they wont be recalled.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had finished top 10 in Combined Arms. Hooray for now cover maxing Rags (was 4/4) and the extra HP/Iso. Anniversary week keeps on giving!
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    KevinMark wrote:
    David Hi-Fi replied in another thread telling it was a mistake on their ends and it is safe to get the rewards and they wont be recalled.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18348&p=242029#p242029
  • Just think....if we get this now...a treat...what will we get tomorrow...a trick icon_e_surprised.gif ?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just think....if we get this now...a treat...what will we get tomorrow...a trick icon_e_surprised.gif ?

The trick is no Blade reward in the gauntlet icon_e_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_mad.gif