Does anyone else not bother with PVE anymore?

For me, it's pretty much guaranteed that I am going to miss the last hour or two of an event. What is the point of grinding away for five days, only to miss the last two hours, and get nothing of value at all? I can get 4-6 good covers by finishing top 5 in PVP every 2.5 days. The whole PVE rubber banding situation is moronic. I guess that rubber banding exists so that people that miss the first few days of an event have a chance to catch up and not miss out entirely. However, that puts a huge punishment on the people that ends up missing the last two hours of an event. The people that are very late to the game are richly rewarded and the people that end up leaving a little early get basically nothing for hours or days of wasted time. I don't get it. And by the way, since you missed the last two hours of this event, you can't play half the nodes in the next one. Makes sense.

Bring back the gauntlet. I didn't even want those rewards and it was still fun.

Comments

• Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    I posted couple days ago that I renounced to PvE position rewards. I will do PvE only for progression rewards, if interesting. Okin and other have posted recently about this.
  • I feel completely the same. And yes I have made posts about this too. I am now hitting 300 pts in PVP for the token and try and reach progression rewards in PVE. Doesn't matter if I have the essential char or not. Doesn't matter if i reach all the progression rewards. At least I have peace of mind and I play when I can.

The problem is that playing casually gets you some rewards and you progress, but really slow. If you want to step it up, you have to go out of your way in order to reach those T100 rewards in both PVP and PVE. There is no middle way. You have to be there when you have to be not when you want to be.

You can take it easy for a while and also leave your alliance and join a public one for a change. Don't stress about losing on new chars being given out. They come so often and there will be so many of them that it will drive you crazy to try and keep up with all of them. I choose to play casually and only go for PVP T100 if there is a cover I already have on my roster. Can't afford to expand further, it's very exhausting. Maybe when I get those 2 maxed 3* I can jump back in the train again.

Before you grind that PVE or PVP, think to yourself: "Is that cover really going to help me?". In most cases you get a cover that will not affect anything. So basically, you stress a lot for not so much. It's way better for your nerves to just wait for that cover you want to appear and go for it. Don't bother with season rewards and 10 packs. The harder you push your luck in this game the more you get disappointing. The easier you take it, the better you feel when you get that gold reward that you need. At least this is what I'm doing from now on until I feel like competing again.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I just play PvE mainly for the ISO rewards in the nodes. Wouldn't try to compete for top placing rewards, unless a new character is being released which I would need for the next event's essentials, in which case I would aim to get at least one cover. Even if you can't play near the end of an event it is fairly easy to get top 150 if you regularly hit the essential nodes. You can easily win the rest of the covers for the new character once their PvP event goes up after 4 days.
  • I will get the 3 covers for the new characters and the progression reward in the next event if it not too hard but other than that not worth the effort. I did 4 to 6 refreshes for each of the 6 subs in the last PVE each taking about 25 minutes meaning probably spent 12 hours on the event for 3 covers where you can get the same in PvP in under a quarter of that time.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    PvE was great as a 2* player. It was really worth it to build up the Iso and HP reserves from the subs and such, and the 'free' (costs only your entire social life) progression covers help speed up the process Now that I've mostly broken through, PvE grinding definitely seems way less appealing. It's becoming more of a 'hey, i need something to play while I'm shielded/done with PvP for the day." or "I have a few minutes, lets clear a node or two," or the most important: "hey, the alliance is near top 100 and needs a boost."

New storylines aren't going to help me because I don't care much about the story in the first place, so while Deadpool vs MPQ was different, it's still just a PvE to me.

Gauntlet OTOH was the best thing the game has offered in a while. Would much prefer to see more new ideas like that.
  • I'm only playing the PvEs now because the Alliance I am in is ranking high, and I want to bring my share in the results.

BUT. In the last PvE, even though I was in the Top 5 in my main bracket, I was more than 30 % below the best scorers who had 2* rosters.

So, 270 days of efforts (hundreds of hours) and money bring me to being just "ok" in a PvE, just because I can't clear some nodes, even though I have the biggest roster in the game.

2 PvEs in a row after a full Anniversary week was exhausting. I feel better now, but was truly tired.
  • only gripe I have are the heroic ones where truly the last 2 hrs (if you do not play) will take away all of the effort. This needs to change.

otherwise most events, 4 day or 9 days. based on my regular playing, appears leads are somewhat easy to hold right till the end. I find my self if I can get up 10k+ lead on 10th spot. most events (beside the heroic ones) I can usually even take the last 3-5+ hrs off. of the 148 days I have played, I acquired 307 3* covers. and majority of it came from PvE. So it still is working for me that not all PvE are bad. I also wanted to add that I have three 3* characters ranging between level 134-158 so scaling is manageable still
  • I think the main problem in those PvE events... it's that they are too long. FAR TOO LONG.
    More than 3 days, it becomes a burden, and God knows how a burden CAN'T be funny.
    They should limit all PvE events to a maximum of 3 days.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still prefer PvE. I don't have to buy shields, and nobody steals my points.
  • Ask and you shall receive. Gauntlet is back!
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    For my own sanity, I don't pay PvE for the ranking rewards. Way too grind-y. I don't even understand how some people score so high. Doesn't seem worth it to me.