Now that The Hunt is over, should I ditch Carol?

Options
CaptainFreaky
CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok - now that the hunt is over & I have my two Blade covers sitting in my inventory, should I ditch the 2* Capt Marvel in favor of Blade and save myself 600 shiny gold HP?
Abt me - I'm deep into the 3-star transition and never really use the 2-star characters anymore except maybe the occasional OBW.

I don't think 2* characters are ever really necessary for PVE events after the first time (like Carol in the Hunt) - am I right on that? Or might D3 throw a curve and make Capt Marvel a required character for something else?

Comments

• xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Options
    You might as well wait until the next PvE, in case they throw a curveball as you said and make her essential again. Long term though, definitely ditch her, as you'll get more than enough like the other 2*s from tokens, PvP etc... even if you need her again.
  • She hasn't yet been added into the PVP mix. I'd keep her for at least another 2 PVE events.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I say just buy the roster space and recruit Blade and keep her. What else are you gonna use your shiny gold HP for?

And if u do get more 3* or 4* covers later on you can still sell her. That roster space you buy now won't be wasted
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I say no, She will either be buffed or essential in some future pve. One thing I've noticed is that MPQ really rewards having a wide / deep roster. So its a real benefit to having more usable characters!

A huge part of the game is related to managing and budgeting your HP/ISO. I'm F2P and not having ISO for boosts/levels or HP for roster slots can basically cripple your progress. With that said, D3 definitely provides enough ingame resources to progress WITHOUT having to spend real world cash. My advice to you is to save up HP, so that you can avoid these types of problems. I try to keep a stash of 3000hp so that I can buy slots as necessary.

Even though the core mechanic of this game is match-3, when you play, and how you manage your resources are ultimately more important to your future progress.
  • Phumade wrote:
    One thing I've noticed is that MPQ really rewards having a wide / deep roster. So its a real benefit to having more usable characters!

Definitely. Having all 53 characters is good because D3 chooses to make only 8 of them essential on most PVEs. You should not keep your favorite chars and the ones you like to play with the most, you should keep all of them because you might get fingered at some point in the future. I am so sick and tired of this fear of "Keep everything because you might need it later". What if I want to focus on the best characters and not waste resources on any **** ones? Well can't do that in here because "Roster Diversity" is what this game is all about.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Going to hate that Heroic that shows up and she's one of the 6 heroes. She's going to have really good health at 134 (if I'm not mistaken on heroic cap).
  • Or she could be in one of the essentials nodoes in a multiple essential heroes PvE even if she doesn't appear as the single essential like the last time.
  • IReallyHatePVP
    IReallyHatePVP Posts: 254
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Unless you are planning to have a set number of roster slots, when given a choice between selling a cover and buying a slot: always buy a slot.

imcoin.pngspideycoin.pngimcoin.pngspideycoin.pngimcoin.pngspideycoin.pngimcoin.pngspideycoin.pngimcoin.pngspideycoin.pngimcoin.pngspideycoin.png

Signed,
    owner of the 40-man roster
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She can be used in place of the 3* Cap Marvel Essential nodes in The Gauntlet. May be a glitch. Just another option, in case you don't have a 3*, have a **** 3*, don't wanna wait for your 3* to revive.
  • Her black power is very good for a 2 star caracter. In future Balance of Power or Combined Arms tourneys , you will see many Miss Marvels in the mix.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Black power? I'd say her yellow power is pretty freaking amazing. It even screws up the enemy Hood which is pretty sweet. (But your own too.) But boosts friendly cMagneto.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Black power? I'd say her yellow power is pretty freaking amazing. It even screws up the enemy Hood which is pretty sweet. (But your own too.) But boosts friendly cMagneto.

Agree on both yellow and black! I really enjoyed using this 2 star much more than her 3 star counterpart.