I wish I could break the level cap on some low * characters.

Options
Ronfar
Ronfar Posts: 150
Modern Storm and Modern Black Widow have some amazing abilities. I wish I could take them up to level 85 or 141 to compete with the 2* and 3* characters. :(

Would a way to "promote" low star characters to a higher max level break the game?

Comments

• We can probably have a recurring event where there is a level cap of 40. Characters over that level cap may participate, but their level will be lowered back to 40.
  • A 1* character lvl 85 will be far better than any 2* character, look at jug in the hulk event he does more damage and has more health than rag at equal level. Character of different * ratings are scaled differently making impossible to promote them without them being op.
  • Ronfar
    Ronfar Posts: 150
    Options
    bongo king wrote:
    A 1* character lvl 85 will be far better than any 2* character, look at jug in the hulk event he does more damage and has more health than rag at equal level.

Well, we already have several tiers of character power anyway. Instead of *** > ** > *, you'd have something like *++ > **+ > *** > *+ > ** > * (where + indicates a promotion). Also, if you didn't change the leveling formula, it would take much more ISO to get a promoted 1* character up to level 85. I don't see a problem with a "Promote [a specific character]" cover being as rare as a 4-star cover. It would indeed be power creep, but it might give people something to aspire to once they've built the maxed out Mags, Rags, and Spidey team...
  • Yh but if that were to happen then the 1* characters could become the strongest in the game which doesn't really seem right, the best characters should be the 4* characters. Rather than increase stats of 1/2* characters they should just promote or demote character.
    Mabey if someone has 2 characters maxed out with the same build they could combine them which could increase their star rating. I.e. if someone had IM35 at lvl 50 built 5/5/3 and they built a second to the same lvl they could combine them to create a 2* IM35 that can be leveled to 85, this gives the top dogs something to do aswell.characters could only be increased by one star from their original rating. This could potentially mean that there could be eventually 5* characters, wolverine x-force and invisible woman.
  • I've suggested a few times that it would've been cool if you could have used your extra covers of these characters and increased thier max hit points.

Each additional cover you get can add +15 to their max HP. With a hard cap somewhere around +25% of what their current max hp's sits at. It certainly would have felt more rewarding than the 100 ISO we get instead.