Are different color covers different rarities?

Options
Does it seem like some color covers are easier to get for some characters than others? For example, I've gotten 12 green Patch covers and only 3 red. And with the new 2* Ms. Marvel, I've gotten 7 black covers and 0 red and 0 yellow. I'm not complaining. Just curious.
Is anyone else seeing anything like this?

Comments

• Yes. It appears certain colors appear a lot less often.
  • djpt05
    djpt05 Posts: 178
    Options
    Yeah I got 2 black Ms. Marvels from the hunt tokens... which was also the progression reward for the event.

I'm sure it's just our imagination just like you remember all the enemy lucky cascades more than you remember your own.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After the dino nonsense, we know they can do it... whether they're doing it for other characters is another story.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It may be confirmation bias. I know with Ms Marvel, I got a ridiculous number of yellows and plenty of blacks, but could not get red, the color that they only gave to top-10 individual players in the last PVE. Because that was such a handicap in The Hunt, I tried to get red through a 10-pack. No dice. I got two black and two yellow. Eventually, I got red from a token pull, but it took awhile.
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    By default I would say yes - and the main reason of such claim is the look on current rewards structure in PVP.

Top 100 - gets in example blue cover
    Top 50 - gets that same blue cover
    and so on

In the same PVP alliance reward also gets the same blue cover

So there's much more blue covers given to players than the other just based on rewards system.

I am not a developper of this game so I cannot confirm there's similar logic hardcoded to tokens distribution but the rewards system itself is making some covers more easier to be obtained that the others.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    i asked this question in the november monthly questions. i suggest you rec it or repeat it if you want a chance to see an official answer
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,314 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I only know that after a year of playing I haven't ever opened a Purple (now blue) cMags cover. Lazy Thor's yellow eludes me as well.