D3 Praise

Options
Unknown
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I feel that D3 has been doing a good job lately of communicating (Thanks Hi-Fi), implementing new content (Gauntlet), finally new character LRs and hopefully we will see a new Halloween event featuring Blade with Vampire goons! Keep it up D3.

Have a cookie:
chocolate_chip_cooke.JPG

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, considering that their communication was easily at their worst point ever this summer, and now it's almost as good as when IceIX was actually around regularly a year ago, they have done a really good job turning their communication around
  • The Blade PvE could have occurred later, or if he was needed for Halloween, Ms Marvel could have occurred later.

We've had straining weeks lately.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    +1. Problems persist, but I can see a slow trend in improvement. The extra communication certainly helps.

... board really need a thumbs-up icon, consarnit.
  • stevenbrule
    stevenbrule Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    Agreed! I appreciate the detailed updates regarding patches, so we don't need to worry about the "stealth changes" the way we might have before. Very solid work, everyone!!!!
  • Yea, two new characters in back to back PvE's did kinda catch me by surprise, but it was a good surprise. I hate Unstable ISO-8 event anyway so I did not place that well, only one Ms. Marvel cover, and The Hunt being shortened makes it feel just the right length.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    I feel that D3 has been doing a good job lately of communicating (Thanks Hi-Fi), implementing new content (Gauntlet), finally new character LRs and hopefully we will see a new Halloween event featuring Blade with Vampire goons! Keep it up D3.

Have a cookie:
    chocolate_chip_cooke.JPG

Communication has been marginally better, but nothing substantial:t he same hollow promises, the same ninja nerfs and stealth changes. Evasive non-answers in the sham that is the monthly Q&A thread.
    The Gauntlet was a good concept, flawed execution, and was not iterated upon any further. If we don't see it again any time soon, don't expect it to be back at all.

Yep; a half-eaten cookie just about sums up what they deserve...
  • They've done a lot of positive things, but some things could have been prioritized vs others.

Improving Team Ups was a good thing. It was necessary because the whole Team Up thing was annoying. However, it was not a priority.

Now, many problems should be addressed soon, and it would be good that the next improvements were relevant.

- Buffing IW and other characters (the list has been given numerous times),
    - Finding a solution to the Sentry/Hood/Daken team in PvP,
    - Fixing Scaling now that Cmag has been nerfed. Lady Thor may be a solution to lvl 395 enemies, but she will be available in 3 months (if we pay to max her). Meanwhile, the current Scaling system is not sustainable and punishes the most loyal of us.
    - Increasing the PvE reward structures (node/progression/event),
    - Slowing down the pace of new char releases and finding a way for the newcomers to build their roster in a "fair" way.
    - Rethink the Packs (Heroic...). The Anniversary Packs were awesome, and I'm sure you sold far more than the usual ones, especially from the veterans.

Personal concern : D3, did you know I paid around 800 Euros to level and max Invisible Woman (whether this was stupid/crazy/... is not the problem here) ? The same for XForce, but I am happy with the investment now.

For those who paid, you, D3P, should be more respectful of the money we spent.

The forum is full of complaints again, and it would be good if you gave some sort of timeline of the improvements you are going to make in the next months.

David's presence on the forum is not enough regarding all the problems that have to be addressed.

It is urgent that you make another step towards your customers.
  • Pats0132
    Pats0132 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Seriously, this was a praise thread. There is so many negative threads out there use them instead. Just because you spend money doesn't mean you have to be negative on it all. If you have issues don't spend money. It's simply that. Things change when revenue isn't coming in. I don't mind the release schedule of new characters at all. I think it makes it interesting and I can't wait to use a max blade. So d3 thank you and any of my improvement comments will be done in another thread.

Ps Remember this is why Santa didn't want to give you any presents icon_e_wink.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2014
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    The forum is full of complaints again, and it would be good if you gave some sort of timeline of the improvements you are going to make in the next months.

Yeah, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to turn every thread you post in into another complaining thread. The forums would be a much better place without every single thread devolving to criticisms.
  • Thanks to D3 for bringing the gauntlet back, and for keeping this whole addiction machine running on a day to day basis. So many would love to complain about an event not offering the rewards they want, but they still log in and play, and would still be upset if they opened MPQ and it was not there to play. So thank you for the unsung heroes who keep the hamsters fed and grease their wheels, in addition to those who are crafting new characters and events that we find so shiny.
  • Pats0132 wrote:
    Seriously, this was a praise thread. There is so many negative threads out there use them instead. Just because you spend money doesn't mean you have to be negative on it all. If you have issues don't spend money. It's simply that. Things change when revenue isn't coming in. I don't mind the release schedule of new characters at all. I think it makes it interesting and I can't wait to use a max blade. So d3 thank you and any of my improvement comments will be done in another thread.

Ps Remember this is why Santa didn't want to give you any presents icon_e_wink.gif

Many things improved, and I praised them for that.

But many things have come back to the old times, and many things have to be improved quickly.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just started the new gauntlet. Thank you!

Really, everything has been great over the last few months. You are listening and I'm enjoying the game more than ever!
  • To all you people that when you see a post that does not contain "I love you D3", "MPQ is an example of what all games should be" and "Please D3 take over the gaming world" you are so eager to counter it and you act like it is so absurd to you.

If you have not yet reached that point of boredom and frustration in this game, it does not mean that others feel the same. For some, this game becomes boring from the very first month, for others it happens when they have all chars and they have nothing more to do and for others (Like me) it kicks in during the time where D3 gives you a turtle and they tell you to race to the finish while they will be adding more miles during the race (This was a metaphor about how I see the 3* transition).

People that criticize have a place in these forums as well as people that praise D3 and those that are neutral. Things are not perfect whether you believe it or not. Maybe when you reach your own limit of frustration you will then understand some of the posts. Until then, let us co-exist in peace and state our opinions without it becoming a race of who proves whom wrong.
  • SodaPopinski
    SodaPopinski Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Cheers to the updates too!

Other than the last one (just necessary bug fixes) they have been great.

R63 - Character/Countdown tile link (fantastic), Pre-Battle team-up display (we finally know what we are actually facing)

R62 - Declining team-ups after the battle, team-up info button (so much better), Faster launch, multiple match critical tile damage (berzerker rage bonus) and boost drops.

GREAT WORK!
  • Purty_Hawkeye
    Purty_Hawkeye Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Okin107 wrote:
    To all you people that when you see a post that does not contain "I love you D3", "MPQ is an example of what all games should be" and "Please D3 take over the gaming world" you are so eager to counter it and you act like it is so absurd to you.

If you have not yet reached that point of boredom and frustration in this game, it does not mean that others feel the same. For some, this game becomes boring from the very first month, for others it happens when they have all chars and they have nothing more to do and for others (Like me) it kicks in during the time where D3 gives you a turtle and they tell you to race to the finish while they will be adding more miles during the race (This was a metaphor about how I see the 3* transition).

People that criticize have a place in these forums as well as people that praise D3 and those that are neutral. Things are not perfect whether you believe it or not. Maybe when you reach your own limit of frustration you will then understand some of the posts. Until then, let us co-exist in peace and state our opinions without it becoming a race of who proves whom wrong.

I've returned to playing after a six-month layoff and have to say I have noticed a significant improvement. Removed from the every day fray I think I see that most of the changes have been positive. Although I admit team-ups mystify me a bit. I got back in time for the first Gauntlet and am overjoyed it is here again. For me I need all of those covers so the rewards are pretty good. End of Praise part

Okin you and Arktos have multiple threads on which to express your displeasure with D3 Demiurge MPQ and the players who actually like the game. Why both of you feel the need to come onto a thread called D3 Praise just to rain on the OP's parade is lame.
    Guess what? If you read the forum for 30 minutes anybody knows what you and Arktos' issues are. You guys seem to believe if you repeat them as much as you can it will somehow change things. Why don't you follow your own advice and when you see a thread with something positive in the title just move along and go add to the numerous threads of negativity you've spawned. Your audience is there waiting for you.
  • There is a disconnect in logic calling out people who try to be positive in a discussion thread, by coming to a thread clearly labeled for its intended purpose and telling people that they should stop being positive because all the problems in the world are not fixed yet. 93% of the rest of the forums is full complaints and concerns and rants and you are absolutely right, Okin, there is a place for that. That place is literally anywhere besides a forum post called d3 praise. If you want to give d3 complaints equal time start a new thread and I am sure you will quickly gain more posts than this one and can have a lively discussion about how everything is awful. There are so few positive threads around here maybe we can just let them stand on their own instead of shoveling dirt onto them as well. Please?
  • In other news, I hit 1300 for the first time ever and picked up an x-force black. Spent quite a lot of the hp bank as clearly I am not efficient at this shield hopping thing, but well less than a 3* cover would have been, and it was fun. Will have to save back up and try again when the rewards are worth it.
  • I like that they showed all events in the gauntlet, even if some of them are locked. I'm pretty sure a lot of people took their time on the first event thinking they had plenty of time and were shocked to see yet another event after that.
  • @Purty Hawkeye

I'm glad you are back in the game and you find it fun to play. Also, it's a good thing that you took a break from it for months. That's actually what I'm doing now in order to bring back my old excitement about the game, or at least a part of it.

Clearly, you like the game and YES it has made huge improvements from 6-7 months ago. For that D3 should be praised and I'm glad that people take the time and open a thread dedicated to it. I praise them too for their recent effort to make things better in general. They are trying and it can be seen. They might not be there yet but nobody is perfect.

@Cryptobrancus & Purty Hawkeye

I did not enter this thread to pollute it with negativity. My comment was neutral and mostly directed to people being so ready to counter a guy that might not have share the same joy with the rest. While I agree that this topic has a title that states its purpose, I still think that there is space for discussion. Directly attacking someone because he counter argued what is on the title or in the content of the thread is not very nice either. It's like having a topic that says "I am very satisfied with the cover rewards" and someone comes into it to type "The rewards suck because I don't need them". Everyone has an opinion from his own point of view and should be allowed to speak his/her mind equally.

I don't think the "festive" atmosphere is ruined in here. To the contrary, I think discussions is what make threads interesting. Personally, I have always tried to bring arguments with my comments and not just post a "D3 sucks and I hate them because they suck. Did I mention that they suck?". I always welcome other opinions and I really like when people reply to me with a counter argument.

But I guess this thread is all about praising D3. So I'm going to give you what you want since the bellow sentence is apparently more interesting to read than what I've posted above:
    Thank you D3! I love the changes you have done lately. Keep them coming.
  • Okin107 wrote:
    @Cryptobrancus & Purty Hawkeye

I did not enter this thread to pollute it with negativity. My comment was neutral and mostly directed to people being so ready to counter a guy that might not have share the same joy with the rest. While I agree that this topic has a title that states its purpose, I still think that there is space for discussion. Directly attacking someone because he counter argued what is on the title or in the content of the thread is not very nice either. It's like having a topic that says "I am very satisfied with the cover rewards" and someone comes into it to type "The rewards suck because I don't need them". Everyone has an opinion from his own point of view and should be allowed to speak his/her mind equally.

I don't think the "festive" atmosphere is ruined in here. To the contrary, I think discussions is what make threads interesting. Personally, I have always tried to bring arguments with my comments and not just post a "D3 sucks and I hate them because they suck. Did I mention that they suck?". I always welcome other opinions and I really like when people reply to me with a counter argument.

But I guess this thread is all about praising D3. So I'm going to give you what you want since the bellow sentence is apparently more interesting to read than what I've posted above:
    Thank you D3! I love the changes you have done lately. Keep them coming.

Everyone is allowed to speak their mind freely, and I am not saying you have to come here and post sunshine and rainbows. Just that it would be tactful to keep complaints and criticisms in threads about complaints and criticisms or even threads openly discussing a specific issue. This thread is about "Thanks D3" and while everyone is openly entitled to their opinions on the subject they also open themselves to people criticizing their negativity if that is what they bring. Your post was mostly neutral with regards to the topic, but you were supporting the right of people to complain even when others have said, hey buddy plenty of room for that elsewhere please take it outside. Your point is valid that everyone has a right to their opinion, but you seem to dismiss my opinion that complaints belong somewhere else. I am not a mod banning people for a dissenting opinion, just a guy who is asking for the marching band to practice somewhere besides the library because some other people are (trying to) enjoy the peace and quiet there. You seem to imply we are trying to keep the band from practicing at all. Which is not my intent, but having an open debate in the library about whether the band should be allowed to play here or not also seems counter to the purpose of the library.

My last post I used the analogy of shoveling dirt. And while you yourself were not holding the shovel in this instance, you were saying others had every right to pile that dirt as high as they wanted no matter what anyone else thought. Can I not use my own opinions to keep a small place dirt free?