THANK YOU, D3, THANK YOU, THANK YOU ! !

Options
IamTheDanger
IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I would like to thank D3 for a recent change they made. icon_e_biggrin.gif I logged in this morning, and what did I see? The Roster Slot limit has been increased above 100. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif Now, I know that most players don't have half that number of characters. Raising the limit only affects a handful of players. So, if it only affects a few, then why bother to change it? Well, because the few it does affect, ask them to. This, to me, is proof that they DO listen to us. (for somethings anyway).

So, again, D3, thank you for listening.
icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• may I ask how much hp does it take to increase slots in the 100+ range?
  • I'm worried now. They are planning to release more than 100 characters. What is the reason? "Roster Diversity"? Why do we need roster diversity if we only have 2 very similar game modes to play in? The only thing that makes us keep characters we don't want on us is PVE and the way they require it. No other game requires you to keep characters you don't want or play. 100 characters? 100 slots? I'm really glad I am taking a break from the game right now.
  • silverrex wrote:
    may I ask how much hp does it take to increase slots in the 100+ range?

Unless they cap the cost somewhere, slots 101-104 will cost 1300 each, as every 4 slots the cost increases by 50hp
  • That just means that there will be 100+ characters in the future, not a good sign especially with the ever increasing roster slot costs.
  • There may eventually be 100+, but there are those out there with multiple copies of characters who this cap was affecting in the short term. Wouldn't want someone to not be able to buy more stuff so cap got upped icon_e_wink.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That just means that there will be 100+ characters in the future, not a good sign especially with the ever increasing roster slot costs.

Not necessarily. All it does is allow people like JC that collect/buy multiples of everyone to expand with the number of characters.

I mean, there might be 100+ characters in the future, but that would've been true before this change.
  • IamTheDanger
    Options
    Slot 101 cost 1300Hp, and each slot increases 100 hp after that. I only had about 14,700 Hp saved up, so wont be able to get too many for now. But i recently had to sell my back up 1* Hawkeye, Moonstone, Yelena, Loki to make room for new characters. Now I can get them back. icon_e_biggrin.gif . I also only made 1 copy of Ms. Marvel, so now I'm need a 2nd one of her and 2 Blades and I'll be set. And with all this, I think I may be addicted beyond redemption at this point. icon_e_confused.gif
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Slot 101 cost 1300Hp, and each slot increases 100 hp after that.
    So they go like this?
    101 = 1300
    102 = 1400
    103 = 1500
    104 = 1600
    105 = 1700
    If so, that's just icon_eek.gif .
  • xKOBALTx wrote:
    Slot 101 cost 1300Hp, and each slot increases 100 hp after that.
    So they go like this?
    101 = 1300
    102 = 1400
    103 = 1500
    104 = 1600
    105 = 1700
    If so, that's just icon_eek.gif .

Is this serious, really ? 1300 HP for a slot ?
  • Slot 101 cost 1300Hp, and each slot increases 100 hp after that. I only had about 14,700 Hp saved up, so wont be able to get too many for now. But i recently had to sell my back up 1* Hawkeye, Moonstone, Yelena, Loki to make room for new characters. Now I can get them back. icon_e_biggrin.gif . I also only made 1 copy of Ms. Marvel, so now I'm need a 2nd one of her and 2 Blades and I'll be set. And with all this, I think I may be addicted beyond redemption at this point. icon_e_confused.gif

And you thank them for that ? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Slot 101 cost 1300Hp, and each slot increases 100 hp after that. I only had about 14,700 Hp saved up, so wont be able to get too many for now. But i recently had to sell my back up 1* Hawkeye, Moonstone, Yelena, Loki to make room for new characters. Now I can get them back. icon_e_biggrin.gif . I also only made 1 copy of Ms. Marvel, so now I'm need a 2nd one of her and 2 Blades and I'll be set. And with all this, I think I may be addicted beyond redemption at this point. icon_e_confused.gif

Um, he has invested the HP and ISO to have over 100 characters... I think the price per roster slot is rather insignificant next to the price of all the characters in his case, so yes, I can definitely see where he would thank them for that.
  • Well, many of his characters are "empty". They are just tanking characters.

I'm invested thousands and still I think 1300 HP for a roster slot is outrageous.
  • IamTheDanger
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Well, many of his characters are "empty". They are just tanking characters.

I'm invested thousands and still I think 1300 HP for a roster slot is outrageous.

To clarify, I am thanking them for raising the limit. Having to pay for it is just part of the deal.

Actually, I don't really tank that often. Very rarely in fact. The "empty" ones are just because I have not leveled them yet. What I'm trying to get is a 2nd copy of each character cover maxed, but not level them. This way I can use the characters I want to without worrying about finishing the match in only 2 moves. Say I'm in a match against 3 opponents around level 40 or 50. If I use my high level Patch and Steve Rogers I would end the match way too fast. But using level 40 heros makes it more of a leveled playing field and I can torture my victims before I finish them off. icon_twisted.gif !

The exception being Steve Rogers. I leveled him up to 50 instead of leaving him at 40.

But I do the same with my 2*s also, leaving them at level 15. Unfortunately, when I first started on this road, I didn't do it the way I should have, so some are a little off. Also, I'm spending all my iso trying to level my first copies, so even if I was going to level the 2nd, I couldn't just yet.

Another reason that a lot only have 1 or 2 covers is because I am not buying any covers for them. I only add covers to my copies when I receive them as an award or token pull. I'm doing it this way just to see how long it takes to cover them naturally. Like my 2nd Colossus and Fury. I got the extra covers as rewards, but haven't gotten any others yet so they are "empty" for now, but won't be for long. icon_e_smile.gif

My eventual goal is to have 3 of each character. All 3 copies cover maxed. 1 of each level maxed, 1 leveled half way, and the 3rd left at base level. This way, if, for example, I wanted to play through the proloque, I could use any character I wanted without it being too easy. It could still be a bit of a challenge. icon_twisted.gif

I know there are much better ways for me to do things. I could have sold off all my covers instead of making 2nd copies. Then used that iso to level the ones I had. Then, since I wouldn't need roster slots, I could use all the Hp for covers I needed and sheilds to sheild hop. But for me, this way is more fun.

And one definite benifit is the PvEs with locked rosters. If an event has 8 usable characters, a lot of players will only have 4 to 6 of them. Not only do I have all 8, but I have a duplicate as well. Which gives me 16 usable characters. I rarely, very rarely need to buy health packs. Here's how I look at it: buying that extra slot to rotate characters costs 1300 Hp. Using only 1 character over and over means using health packs. 50 Hp for 1 or 200 Hp for 5 will add up overtime while the 1300 for the extra slot was a one time payment. For example; someone can buy a gallon of milk everyday for 5 years at $4 a gallon, which will cost $7,300. Or, they could buy a cow for $5,000.

Like I said, there are better ways to do things, but I've always been a little weird. I just see things differently than others. Whats fun for me will look odd or even stupid to some people, but I enjoy it. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    The exception being Steve Rogers. I leveled him up to 50 instead of leaving him at 40.
    I'm curious as to why you made an exception for Rogers. It seems having an odd one out would be... bothersome. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Your explanation makes sense, but the whole thing is getting out of hands.

I do the same with some characters, getting a second or even third copy of the best ones. But I level and max them. It makes a difference during busy times. You can play several events at once without worrying about medpacks.

Good luck with your project !
  • IamTheDanger
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    I'm curious as to why you made an exception for Rogers. It seems having an odd one out would be... bothersome. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I took Cap to lvl 50 for 2 reasons. 1) Steve Rogers was the very first cardpack.png 3* I pulled when I first started MPQ. 2) Captain America has always been one of my favorite Marvel heros. Like I said before, I've always been a little weird icon_lol.gif .

Putting Rogers, and only Rogers at 50 sets him apart. Also makes him look more like a leader. (to me anyway). And when/if, MPQ does a Civil War story, I know whose side I'm taking icon_e_wink.gif .
  • You can be very proud they had the Patch 63.1 especially for you, because I doubt anyone else has a 100+ roster. (And I thought I was THE freak...)
  • IamTheDanger
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    You can be very proud they had the Patch 63.1 especially for you, because I doubt anyone else has a 100+ roster. (And I thought I was THE freak...)

Well darn. If I had known they were going to make a Patch just for me, I would have asked for a lot more. icon_lol.gif
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i feel so inadequate with my paltry 77 slots icon_cry.gif
  • arktos1971 wrote:

He is rich, now we know that people at wall street are playing MPQ icon_lol.gif