Normal event end-times for all - PETITION

Phillipes
Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello MPQ community.

I made this topic to show Demiurge power of their player community.

Yes, it will again be about event end-times. I live in Slovakia, country in European Union.

I was forced to get up for 4 days in a row at 05.00 am in the ongoing The Hunt PVE, just to win 50 HP and to ensure TOP 10 position for winning the new Blade.
I had to do the same in the previous Unstable ISO-8 PVE event, just to obtain ms. Marvel who I didnt actually want. But I knew she will be essencial for this Blade PVE. I ended 4th and only because of that I live somewhere else that on West Coast US. I made two complete nodes sweeps at midnight, to ensure nodes will be full to 100 %, when I get up at 05.00 am to clear them for final time. My adversaries, who were americans, had practicly same score as me at midnight. They ofcourse did full 100 % sweep at 02.30 am and the final one, again 100 %, at 05.00 am. I was short maybe 500 points to achieve 2nd place and so I miss my 4th green X-force cover.
Everytime PVE sub ends at 06.00 am, I do two sweeps at midnight and then I get up at 05.00 am. I´m doing this for several months. I´m not veteran player, but I´m about to obtain yellow X-force from my daily reward – so as you can see I do that for a really long time. But I´m tired. I´m tired of this, I´m tired at work, becase to sleep for 5 hours is really not sufficient.

I urge you developers: join some top alliance and play your own game! Will you be able to get up at 05.00am every time when some PVE sub ends?
I beg this great community for their support ! Post into this topic, state what country are you from. I also like US players who are not careless to this problem to post here.

But do not make more posts than ONE !

Let there be seen by the numbers of posts and by the number of pages, that there are many of us ! I would like these topic to be still on first page like some memento for developers that this really is a problem that need to fixed immidiately...

And big thanks to members like DrUnpleasant who contribute to end-times topic for a long time.

Comments

• Umm..... Kind of awkward... They addressed this in last month's q & a. I guess your petition somehow worked... Retroactively. They are currently working on a change to address time zones.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17879
  • The fact that they have mentioned that they have a "fix" on the way that they think will fix the end time's issue, it does not stop this problem from being the most important one for over a year now. Not to mention that they have not yet said anything about when this "fix" will take place.

I sympathize with the OP:
    PVE end times: 5AM
    PVP end times (Except Wednesdays): 6AM

Daylight saving is off in my country now so the times are updated as they where 1 hour forward before.
  • Okin107 wrote:
    The fact that they have mentioned that they have a "fix" on the way that they think will fix the end time's issue, it does not stop this problem from being the most important one for over a year now. Not to mention that they have not yet said anything about when this "fix" will take place.

As they only "think" that it will fix the issue and they not even mooted what the fix is I will take a guess that most of us Europeans are going to be sadly disappointed when its finally turns up.
  • Yes, this is really annoying and needs to be fixed. Player from Germany here.
  • Country: South Africa (home of lions, zebras and elephants as pets haha jk)
    PVE end times: Anywhere from 4-6am
    Amount of sleep in last 6 months: Minimal
    Song best describing how I feel: In Too Deep (Ode to PVE) - Sum 41

And OP- keep fighting the good fight icon_thor.png
  • German player with real life,

PvE end time currently 5 am, PvP end time either 6 am or 6 pm, straight past the rush hour on the roads...
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same here in Hungary...
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    PvP Finish times: 5am or 5pm (mostly 5am)
    PvE finish times: Any time a new character is released 5am

The devs think they have a fix for end time madness, well based on their history it will be an epic fail. That is of course if this fix arrives before Chris Chringle try to shove his rosy red fat **** down chimneys.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here are the demographic stats
    Demographics:
    As expected, the US is leading the way for both platforms.
    iOS - 42.8%
    Android - 34%

After that, things split out pretty wide between the platforms. UK sits at #2 on iOS at 8.1%, but #4 on Android at 4.6% of users.

Top 5s are:

iOS
    US - 42.8%
    UK - 8.1%
    Canada - 6%
    Japan - 3.8%
    Germany - 3.3%

Android
    US - 34%
    Brazil - 6%
    Russia - 5.2%
    UK - 4.6%
    Mexico - 3.7%

This would show close to 70% of the players are US. This means end times are going toward the mass player base. I feel bad since EST end times are 12:00 pm and durring the week wich is not ideal since I wake up at 5:30 in the morning to go to work, but D3 is setting the end times so the majority of the player base can finish the PVE. If you are running a buisness would you rather have the most people have the ability to compete or just 25%? They run 1 PVP each week that ends at 1:00 pm EST so 1/4 of the weeks events are more euro friendly which matches the demographic. They need to invest in a Euro server so Euro players can have better end times. That is the best solution, but it would probably eliminate Euro players from US alliances and vice versa. Hopefully in the short term they will run the Gauntlet again so end time won't be an issue.