World Rupture damage problem

Options
wuweird
wuweird Posts: 75 Match Maker
Heya,

I've just started using Sentry and it seems to me that World Rupture isn't applying damage correctly.

According to the skill text, it's dealing "120 damage to enemies and 51 to allies".

I just tested it now in the PVE. There were no shield tiles on the board, but when WR triggered, Venom (who was at the front of the queue) took 885 damage (which included damage from matches made during the rupture), while my team took 561 each. So if my team felt the impact of 11 tiles triggering, based on the damage they took, shouldn't Venom have taken at least 1320? As it is, my team took over half the damage that Venom did, which makes no sense given the skill description.

Is WR damage mitigated in some way like cascade damage?

Cheers.

Comments

• The cascades created by WR is subject to the normal modifier but the damage from each WR trigger always hits full, so you must have missed a protect tile somewhere.
  • wuweird
    Options
    I'm pretty confident I didn't miss a protect tile. I'd thought something was off and explicitly set out to monitor the result. There were no special tiles on the board at all, only the rupture countdowns.
  • wuweird wrote:
    I'm pretty confident I didn't miss a protect tile. I'd thought something was off and explicitly set out to monitor the result. There were no special tiles on the board at all, only the rupture countdowns.

Was someone else downed? The damage display resets if someone is downed. That is, suppose it does 50 to you and 100 to them, and someone has 500 HP in front of Venom, then it'd look like

You -250

Guy in front of Venom -500
    Venom -500

Guy in front is downed

Venom is now in front, damage display is reset (but he still lost 500 HP), while damage display to your side is unchanged because no one was downed.
  • wuweird
    Options
    Hmm, I don' t think that was the case, I was pretty certain Venom was at the front. I'll try it out again, though, thanks.
  • wuweird
    Options
    Okay, I'm still seeing this happen consistently.

In PVP, Sentry triggered WR. The front of the opponent's team took 840 dmg (7 tiles @ 120), which is correct. The front of my team took 438 dmg, which is over half of the enemy damage and not evenly divisible by either 7 (tiles) or 51 (team dmg). No protect or strike tiles were in play.

Could this be from the way damage is tallied & displayed? Is the opponent's turn damage still visible and added to when WR triggers?

This is with the Android version, btw.

Thanks.
  • Enemy damage during the turn is combined in the tally until something happens to interrupt it to make the tally reset, usually a character being downed, but it's happened from a triggered cascade as well for me.