Cannot use TU of a character that the AI uses a TU of

Options
Ragnarock III mission in The Hunt: Savage.

Opponents are Ragnarock, Daken and Moonstone, with a Yelena Team Up. My own Yelena Team Up is locked because "Yelena Belova is on the enemy team."

Comments

• I had this issue too.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I noticed this too. It could be working as intended - that doesn't make much sense, but it is possible.

Can we have some clarification?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh is that what happened? I was wondering why my DA Tus seemed to be locked out at random during the pve, despite not being on the other team
  • It only happens in PvE. I tried a PvP match from shield simulator enemy had Moonstone TU and so do I and the game is fine, but this is not allowed in PvE for whatever reason.
  • My post from this other thread (which then contains a link to another thread)
    j12601 wrote:

I have been looking at this, and I don't think it's a bug. I think it is intentional, and only occurs in PvE. You can't bring the team-up, but you should be able to bring the character, which will keep the AI from using it as a team-up.

Example: You go into a node in PvE with the opponents icon_daken.pngicon_juggernaut.pngicon_moonstone.png . You go into the pre-fight screen and see they have a icon_ragnarok.pngredflag.png team-up. Darn, you were going to use that team-up. Well, you go back to the character select screen and add icon_ragnarok.png to your team. Go back to the pre-fight screen and they should now have a different team-up. Maybe icon_bullseye.pngblackflag.png

I started playing around with this in The Gauntlet, and made a post about it here.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If a mod exists, we could really stand to get all the threads on this merged and perhaps stickies until we get an answer.
  • Phantron wrote:
    It only happens in PvE. I tried a PvP match from shield simulator enemy had Moonstone TU and so do I and the game is fine, but this is not allowed in PvE for whatever reason.

That's because in PVP you're free to use any team you want, while in PVE you aren't ever allowed to pick characters which are on the opposite side (i.e. if there's any of the 3 Wolverines, you can't bring your own - either actual or team up.)

But I don't think that enemy Team Ups are supposed to restrict you in the same way.