Scaling stupidity

2»

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    While I agree on all great points, red miniMarvel is something I miss if only to round out a rainbow team of XF/oBW since red is not her best ability at all, yellow is. Her covers will rain on us in approximately 1 week. I don't think I am taking more damage if I can't remove pesky protect tiles. I have been wiping much more on Daken (Venom/Ragnarok) nodes than on Bullseye ones icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:
    While I agree on all great points, red miniMarvel is something I miss if only to round out a rainbow team of XF/oBW since red is not her best ability at all, yellow is. Her covers will rain on us in approximately 1 week. I don't think I am taking more damage if I can't remove pesky protect tiles. I have been wiping much more on Daken (Venom/Ragnarok) nodes than on Bullseye ones icon_e_biggrin.gif
    There were a ton of times that I could have used a enemyprotect.png destruction in these essential nodes, or even just a few hundred damage poke to put an enemy down before they can fire a power.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Spoit wrote:
    locked wrote:
    There were a ton of times that I could have used a enemyprotect.png destruction in these essential nodes, or even just a few hundred damage poke to put an enemy down before they can fire a power.
    Yeah protect tiles are annoying but since Bullseye is the least threatening of all Dark Avengers by a mile (even Yelena is more dangerous than him), I'm hard-pressed to find anti-Bullseye skills useful.
  • locked wrote:
    Yeah protect tiles are annoying but since Bullseye is the least threatening of all Dark Avengers by a mile (even Yelena is more dangerous than him), I'm hard-pressed to find anti-Bullseye skills useful.

Not to mention that protect tiles become useless at 300+ scaling because your match damage is non considerate anyway. The only thing you need at those levels is AP to fire your skills.
  • well majority of the player base are 2* to 3* transitional players. Just out of the gate, does it not make sense to have developed 3* roster players face a higher difficulty because they are more experienced?

I was in that transition for the longest time and welcomed the much easier scaling due to this fact. Now that I have a 3* team and slowly bringing up even more 3* characters, I did notice the difficulty and scaling frustration. At the end of the day I think scaling is only part of the problem. The lack incentives/rewards/time zone/grinding... all contribute to this fustration.

Why can they not let you pick a 2* entry PVE mode and 3* PVE mode where the scaling completely matches your roster. At least it is fair to say you are competing against your peers. The fact they want to create something that fits everyone just does not work
  • silverrex wrote:
    well majority of the player base are 2* to 3* transitional players. Just out of the gate, does it not make sense to have developed 3* roster players face a higher difficulty because they are more experienced?

I was in that transition for the longest time and welcomed the much easier scaling due to this fact. Now that I have a 3* team and slowly bringing up even more 3* characters, I did notice the difficulty and scaling frustration. At the end of the day I think scaling is only part of the problem. The lack incentives/rewards/time zone/grinding... all contribute to this fustration.

Why can they not let you pick a 2* entry PVE mode and 3* PVE mode where the scaling completely matches your roster. At least it is fair to say you are competing against your peers. The fact they want to create something that fits everyone just does not work

The current scaling does not match one's roster, whatsoever.

Even if boosted, the nodes can not be completed unless you play Sentry/Hood full boost. Isn't it enough to play this team in PvP ?

So if we have to skip 1/3rd of the nodes, what's the use of playing a PvE ?
  • yeah....scaling stupidity is right. i have a decent roster. 8 3* characters at or above lvl 100 with lowest covers being 7. almost all 2*'s at max. I do have mini marvel. so, i figure the pve would be easier for me. NOPE!!! enter scaling. busting my ace right now and i havent been able to get 70k due to being completely destroyed by scaled ai and their stinking cascades. top guy in my bracket has 151,127 at the moment. his roster is a fraction of mine. while i understand that sometimes these pve's are geared towards new players...but man, i am fighting hard to get rank 150, currently 162. apparently, i have wasted my time.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    locked wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    locked wrote:

X-Force has a very nice anti-Bullseye skill in his Surgical strike, and as you've pointed out before, even 1 cover in Black can remove all of that annoying color from the board. It can be useful if you include Deadpool on your team to use Red, and to Whales 'em after the Surgical Strike (5 Black only)... icon_e_wink.gif
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    gambl0r312 wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    locked wrote:

X-Force has a very nice anti-Bullseye skill in his Surgical strike, and as you've pointed out before, even 1 cover in Black can remove all of that annoying color from the board. It can be useful if you include Deadpool on your team to use Red, and to Whales 'em after the Surgical Strike (5 Black only)... icon_e_wink.gif
    ITA. I used Deadpool points for the first time today to take out a level 310 ARES node in Florida. The scaling was stupid, but it was pretty awesome to take out an entire team, including some 17k HP, in one move.

That, of course, is not sustainable in the long run because Deadpool points can't be used too often. But X-Force/Deadpool and X-Force/Fury have both been able to beat crazy levels using full boosts. Buffed Hulk has been a godsend too, because at boosted levels, he tanks green and black for X-Force, plus red, and anger tiles feed green to X-Force.