loss of points while shielded

Options
Chefjbs81
Chefjbs81 Posts: 13
How is it that I've lost points in cat-5 while sheilded. Isn't the point of shields to protect your points. Not to mention 75% of the time I am sheilded there are 0 attacks but the moment it's gone, I get bombarded with attacks. Last week I sheilded for 8 hours at 615 points while I slept. The instant my sheilded ended I lost 223 points. How is this beneficial to us as players who are spending time and money to keep up with death brackets where 1500 points gets you 15th. It seems like things are getting better there at d3. But come on. Completely useless unless it works properly.

Comments

• The only explanation I can offer for lossing points while shielding is you need to force a sync between your device and the D3 servers, which would explain losing points in the first few minutes after you shield.

Apparently, when you buy a shield it doesn't automatically sync that information to the D3 servers. Normally, your account automatically syncs every couple of minutes. So, if you get attacked during the time between when you bought the shield and the automatic sync, you still lose points.

You can force a sync by going to "event rewards" and checking your player rank. That's what the Vudu3 recommends doing in this post. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13167#p193414

As for getting nailed as soon as you unshield, that's to be expected. It is no coincidence that you didn't get attacked for most of your eight hours. Once you shield, players can't queue you up to attack anymore. Any attacks you receive during a shield are from people who had you queued up before you shielded, such as retailiations.
  • When you use shield at time X, you may have already been hit at time X minus 1 minute, but the server is not very fast at updating the news. It doesn't matter if you had some kind of instantaneous way to tell the server you're shielded because the event happened before you're shielded. The server is simply slow at telling you what really happened. If the server was always up to date you'd just start with a lower score before you shielded rather than having the illusion of a higher score before the server finally told you the bad news.