MPQ uses up 36% of my phone's battery sitting idle

Options
I know this has been brought up before, but honestly... what's the deal with the battery drain on this app? I pretty much have to play it with my phone plugged into a charger. Seems worse after the latest update... my Samsung's battery gets noticeably warm after a single match. Never used to do that.

This is an issue that's been discussed for a year now and there doesn't seem to be any fix coming.

Comments

• IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Same here. After the last update it got much, much worse. Before, I was able to play for about 3-5 hours with a full battery. Now, I can only play 1 hour, maybe an hour and a half. It started after this last update. And it is NOT the battery in my tablet. I can still watch about 7-9 hours of netflix with a full charge. Which is what it's always been. The only time the battery drains super fast is playing MPQ.

So, 2 questions for the devs:....
    1.) What is it about the latest update that made the battery drain more than twice as bad as before?
    2.) Will/When this be addressed/fixed?
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have also noticed a substantial battery drain with the latest update on my phone and Ipad. Each match drains about 5% of my battery.. Something changed with the last update????
  • BUMP! I was wondering the same thing.