POLL: Who needs a Health boost?

Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Lady Thor is scheduled to have a health of 16440. Devil Dinosaur has 19180.

The European Goddess of Thunder has more than triple the health of the African Goddess of Thunder, which seems odd. Hurting Storm more -- Team-up drops are a lot rarer, and they tend to be of poor quality. All this for a character who led the X-men, good enough to beat Wolverine without using any powers.

Other polls have indicated that The Hood should NOT have a health boost, and I agree with that. Some of these other lower-health heros could use some help. Which ones?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Aside from Hood and true healers, I think EVERY 3* needs a bump to 8500 health. Even in a world without WR, the squishiness of 6800 health ensures they'll never be on anyone's A-Team
  • Unknown
    edited October 2014
    Blade and DP either need a health boost, or more appropriately they need the regeneration that is more appropriate to their comic character. These should be two of the best and most fun characters but their health/regeneration flaw is holding them back.

Blade was just SOL after his 3 abilities were decided.

DP's black is okay on defense, but broken on a nearly epic scale on offense. The poor guy should at least get a minimal amount of regeneration each turn and a higher regeneration burst when LOTP is activated.
  • I don't feel like Loki should be on the list yet. As the only 2 power character in the group, his low health reflects his lower level cap. Though, if I were to extrapolate, I'd guess he'd be one of the 6800 health characters.

Let's see if the devs give him a 3rd ability after season 7 and then compare him.
  • I think what we need to do is change how exactly health scaling works for every * tier.

Balance of Power is a good way to show this. 2* Thor and LThor both scale to the exact game HP at level 270. If 3* had better HP scaling, it might be of a great help to solve these low HP problems. Although this does come at the drawback of making the 3* transition even harder.

Also, Storm has always been the squishiest of the characters in all 3 of her incarnations. In fact, her HP tier group, as I like to call it, is the lowest in the game. Although I would like to see LStorm to get a total rework that combines a bit of both of her 1* and 2* versions, rather than lazy.
  • Loki is an Asgardian, and he has less HP than a human with robo-wings that talks to birds.
  • Loki is an Asgardian, and he has less HP than a human with robo-wings that talks to birds.

Falcon and Loki happen to be of the same HP tier. However, with Falcon having 3 powers in comparison to 2, Loki's is lower. If Loki got a third power, his HP would scale to the same max as Falcon.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Poor MoStorm. She really needed to get buffed and got nerfed instead. Twice. Thrice if you count the diminished T-U drop now.

In the meantime, the character most needing a nerf got a buff in the form of animation speed up.

Falcon and Loki happen to be of the same HP tier. However, with Falcon having 3 powers in comparison to 2, Loki's is lower. If Loki got a third power, his HP would scale to the same max as Falcon.

And if that time comes, I will change my statement to "Loki is an Asgardian, and he has the same HP as a human with robo-wings that talks to birds."

Won't be any less ridiculous.

Well, as Hulk says about Loki, "puny god."

Knyghtmare
    SKYNET LS
  • Not on this list who should be: Hawkeye (Modern).
  • With Falcon becoming the new Captain America, the difference in health with Steve Rogers is REALLY apparent (due to the super soldier formula obviously) If he inherits the shield, should that increase his health? Considering Falcon's lack of offense, can he even throw the shield? icon_lol.gif
  • Knyghtmare wrote:
    Loki is an Asgardian, and he has less HP than a human with robo-wings that talks to birds.

Well, as Hulk says about Loki, "puny god."

Knyghtmare
    SKYNET LS

Maybe in the movies... but in the comics Loki is strong and durable enough to hold his ground against Thor. He's weaker, but not by much, he's physically powerful enough to give the "The Mighty God of Thunder" a run for his money.

Directly from the Marvel Database:
    Superhuman Strength: Loki, without the aid of anything, through his own biology, possesses superhuman strength that is substantially superior to that of an average Asgardian male. He possesses sufficient physical strength to lift up to 50 tons. It is possible, however, that he can further increase his strength through mystical enchantment on a temporary basis. Similarly to Thor, it has recently been listed at a higher level than originally, without aid. He once even managed to destroy a large building with a single punch.

Superhuman Durability: The tissues of Loki's body are superhumanly durable and are roughly equal to those possessed by the average Asgardian male. However, at times, Loki had imbued himself with magical abilities that enable him to withstand injuries that would prove fatal to another Asgardian if hit. He is able to withstand high caliber bullets, falls from great heights, powerful impact forces, exposure to temperature extremes and powerful energy blasts without being injured. He has proved in past to be durable enough to withstand energy blast's from Mandarin's Rings and several blows from Spider-man without so much as a blink.

Loki should have at the very least around 8500 health... him being so ridiculously frail is the same kind of nonsense as Doctor Doom, one of the premier Marvel villains, being a bottom tier *** when he would easily qualify for **** status :/
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Not on this list who should be: Hawkeye (Modern).

Out of curiousity....why?

He is just a normal human...unless I am missing something. Which is entirely possible since I am nowhere near the be-all end-all of Marvel knowledge.

He should have less than Black Widow who was at least injected with.....something....I forget.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    The European Goddess of Thunder has more than triple the health of the African Goddess of Thunder, which seems odd.
    Well, one's an Asgardian, an actual god, while the other is a mutant with weather powers so strong she was considered a god. Physically, Storm is no tougher than a physically fit human such as Black Panther, Punisher, Falcon, Black Widow, or... hang on...
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    I say GSBW deserves it since they switched her color strengths. Before she was meant to "hide" when collecting her powers' colors, now she's front and center.

I also think they should replace Falcon's Purple shields with MHawk's old Avoid skill. He's squishy and knows it...he can fly out of the **** way of attacks!