PvE Enemy Level Cap

Some of these PvE nodes are getting out of control. When players can only get to a max of level 270 characters and PvE enemies get close to if not over level 400 it just seems unfair to the player and these nodes can only reasonably be beaten with cheap tricks such as the current Steve Rogers countdown tile override and stun locks. I would rather not have to stick to a specific set team to have any chance against these enemies so why cant they be capped at the 4* level of 270?

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    PVE characther scaling maxes out at 395. Seems like it's really high, and it is, but I was able to defeat all nodes with the following team:

Level 170 X-Force (fully covered)
    Level 166 Captain America
    Level 166 Hood

I had to boost the nodes (3 red yellow, 3 black green, 3 all colour for nodes that weren't just goons), but it was doable.
  • but was it enjoyable/fun?
  • i agree, I don't see any fun factor in that.
    So is it exclusively can only be won by those who already maxed out the characters?

i played the hunt with "Ares" level and was losing three times straight, my character level are a mix of lvl 110 and 94. The level is marked as "Normal" difficulty,
    but I noticed that when it's my move, the board seems giving those color that is not to my advantage, including the gems position.
    Then when it's enemy turn, somehow the board will just flurry out giving many gems and extra turns to enemy, until when it's my turn, all the position already haywire and my characters are imminently ready to die at next turn.
    That's only for one fight, there are other fights to be played. So are we expected to burn a lot of hero points or to watch hopelessly & frustratingly with the wasted fight?

Something is really wrong with the board logic/scaling.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    jsoetrisno wrote:
    i agree, I don't see any fun factor in that.
    So is it exclusively can only be won by those who already maxed out the characters?

i played the hunt with "Ares" level and was losing three times straight, my character level are a mix of lvl 110 and 94. The level is marked as "Normal" difficulty,
    but I noticed that when it's my move, the board seems giving those color that is not to my advantage, including the gems position.
    Then when it's enemy turn, somehow the board will just flurry out giving many gems and extra turns to enemy, until when it's my turn, all the position already haywire and my characters are imminently ready to die at next turn.
    That's only for one fight, there are other fights to be played. So are we expected to burn a lot of hero points or to watch hopelessly & frustratingly with the wasted fight?

Something is really wrong with the board logic/scaling.

Omg ... I thought i was the only one having this problem. The AI almost always matches to result in cascades and/or 4match and/or 5 match and/or board shake up that results in more matches and/or converts coloured tile to green tile (Venom/Daken) that causes more matches

And i can expect this for almost all matches when there is at least one villain

Sorry for the off topic post. Just had to get it off my chest
  • JamieMadrox
    CelciusDJ wrote:
    but was it enjoyable/fun?
    Extremely fun. If the game wasn't a challenge then I'd stop playing. Knowing that I was able to field a team that could deal with a threat that size is incredibly rewarding.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    CelciusDJ wrote:
    Extremely fun.
    Maybe fun for one node, but I can't imagine it'd be fun trying to grind to a high rank if you're consistently trying nodes like that.
  • JamieMadrox
    simonsez wrote:
    CelciusDJ wrote:
    Extremely fun.
    Maybe fun for one node, but I can't imagine it'd be fun trying to grind to a high rank if you're consistently trying nodes like that.
    Me neither. I'm fine with it for one or two nodes in a sub, but last PVE I had 4 nodes that had scaled to max. I'd hit the highest value one each time and leave the rest unless I came out of the first match in exceptionally good shape.
  • I'm not bothered by a challenge, but I am bothered that it sure looks like having characters at a certain level largely avoids the challenge because the scaling mechanism is not even across varying roster strength.