Magneto (Classic) or Ragnarok?

Options
Been thinking about using one of these two, but I'm not sure which one. I'm mainly looking at their red AP abilities. At level 5, it will cost 2 red AP for both characters. Magneto's red skill seems pretty lackluster compared to Ragnarok's though. It only destroys 5 random tiles and does mediocre damage, whereas Ragnarok's does decent damage and changes 5
random tiles to green. It would be a different story if Magneto's ability gave you AP for the tiles destroyed, but alas, it doesn't.

Magneto's blue skill can be useful, but it only transforms two tiles, and the protect strength is negligible. Magneto (Marvel NOW!) can change up to 5 tiles at max level (Pink skill though).

Magneto's(Classic) pink skill is a bit confusing, but I'm thinking it's like Doctor Doom's skill where it just changes tiles of one color to the other and adds some damage.

I really want to use Magneto, but it seems like he needs to be reworked before he can be useful as he does not seem like 3-star material. Does anybody have a high level Magneto(classic) or Ragnarok that would like to chime in?

(Taken from the tips and guides section)
Magneto (Classic)
3 Star Rarity (Rare)

Magnetic Field - Blue 9 AP
Magneto summons an electromagnetic shield, turning 2 chosen tiles into Blue Protect tiles, each with a strength of 9.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Costs 1 AP less.
Level 3: Costs 1 AP less.
Level 4: Costs 1 AP less.
Level 5: Costs 1 AP less.

Magnetized Projectile - Red 6 AP
Magneto propels magnetized projectiles at his enemies destroying 5 random tiles and dealing an extra 21 damage.
Level Upgrades

Magnetic Translocation - Purple 10 AP
Exploiting metals buried in the earth, Magneto lifts and moves huge sections of the battlefield, dropping them violently. Swaps up to 5 random Blue tiles with Red tiles. Does 38 damage for each swap.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Swaps up to 6 tiles.
Level 3: Swaps up to 7 tiles.
Level 4: Swaps up to 9 tiles.
Level 5: Swaps up to 13 tiles.

Ragnarok (Dark Avengers Thor)
3 Star Rarity (Rare)

Godlike Power - Green 10 AP
Ragnarok exhibits his godlike power, cleaving the battlefield in two. Destroys the two center columns of tiles so completely they don’t generate AP.
Level Upgrades

Thunderclap - Red 6 AP
Ragnarok calls upon the storm, dealing 118 damage to the current target and changing 5 tiles of any color to Green.
Level Upgrades

Comments

• It depend on what you want , ragnarok is more tanker, magneto is a tricker class. If you are good in combo I suggest magneto as magnetic translocation support magenetized projectile. if you are burst and tanky then ragnarok. Im just guess magneto will have a high damage in higher level as he can reach 50, ragnarok in other hand is 40 at max. I will pick magneto will be a good selection.
  • I'm sure that they will release a third skill for Ragnarok eventually, just as they did for Spider Man, Magneto, and The Hood
  • Ragnarok all day long. Thunderclap at level 5 is pretty awesome. T'is a shame though, because Magneto is my favourite Marvel character!
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Ragnarok all day long. Thunderclap at level 5 is pretty awesome. T'is a shame though, because Magneto is my favourite Marvel character!

Yeah, Thunderclap is way stronger and more useful than Magneto's red skill, especially if you have a character like the classic Black Widow that needs lots of green AP.

The thing is I think when defending in PvP Ragnarok will always use his green skill when he has enough AP for it so that Black Widow will never get to use her nuke