2* Wolverine leveling

Options
Unknown
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Searched for a topic, so apologies if I'm a repeat noob. Been playing for a little while, and have a 15 cover roster but unsure where to spend all of my iso (22k).
I really dig wolverine, and wonder if he is the best choice to poor more iso into. I'll start with my roster...
3.0.0 XF Wolvie(30)
3.1.0 C. Doom(20)
2.0.0 Hulk(15)
4.2.4 Thor(45)
4.4.5 AXM Wolvie(40)
3.3.3 Moonstone(32)
2.5.3 Cap(30)
3.2.2 C. Storm(16)
2.2.0 M. Hawk(11)
3.5.5 O. Widow(6)

I have a handful of 1* that I will not bother to post, as I would rather level my best options. I'm thinking about dumping all or most into Wolvie, but should I level him with someone else or entirely solo and then fill in teammates as needed??
I love wolvie/thor/Cap with an occasional Moonstone replacement for Cap.

Tips?
Ideas?
Criticism welcome...

Comments

• Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    You can't go wrong with Wolverine amongst 2 stars. The only remote concern is that Wolverine is so strong so he probably won't be a featured character in a PvP tournament compared to other weaker characters, so if a new tournament is about to begin soon (like right now), at least wait to see who they announce as the featured character and level that person up first if it makes sense.
  • Based on those covers, I'd spend my ISO on Wolv, Original Black Widow, and Thor, in that order, though leveling them all somewhat (I personally feel having 3 decent level covers is better than 1 maxed).
  • Phantron wrote:
    You can't go wrong with Wolverine amongst 2 stars. The only remote concern is that Wolverine is so strong so he probably won't be a featured character in a PvP tournament compared to other weaker characters, so if a new tournament is about to begin soon (like right now), at least wait to see who they announce as the featured character and level that person up first if it makes sense.

True, but he does get powered up...another thing I had thought about. Wolvie might be my absolute best optuon...at least up to 50ish. Not sure I'll get much more than 10 levels out of these 22k iso icon_e_sad.gif
    Kyosokun wrote:
    Based on those covers, I'd spend my ISO on Wolv, Original Black Widow, and Thor, in that order, though leveling them all somewhat (I personally feel having 3 decent level covers is better than 1 maxed).
    I've been also debating on just throwing all 22k on widow to get her up to about 30...I believe. My calculations may be off :-/
  • I've been also debating on just throwing all 22k on widow to get her up to about 30...I believe. My calculations may be off :-/

I wasn't paying a ton of attention to levels, but considering where she is in compared to the rest, that would be my recommendation. You'd have a solid go-to 2* team, with good damage and good utility, including healing.
  • Another option would be my 3* storm...I read good things about her. Or just keep saving my iso like I have been lol
    I want a good team to consistently rank fairly high for covers, and right now my 45 Thor, 40 Wolvie, and 30 Cap are my main attackers. When one or all fall, my backup team is a random trio of my 32 Moonstone and 1*s...41 Iron Man, 40 Jugs, 36 Storm...
  • Wolverine** is probably your most useful full cover character, it's just a shame you didn't put 5 covers into feral claws...that 1 AP difference can be huge in its spammability. That said unless you really want to rebuild him to what most say is optimal, just level him up and enjoy the power boost.
  • Dexxter wrote:
    Wolverine** is probably your most useful full cover character, it's just a shame you didn't put 5 covers into feral claws...that 1 AP difference can be huge in its spammability. That said unless you really want to rebuild him to what most say is optimal, just level him up and enjoy the power boost.
    Yeah, I have recently built him. I never thought he would be good, so I sold all of my last covers, and spent all of my iso on Storm, Thor, Ironman. I also just recently began Cap...I've been selling all of the wrong covers like a freaking noob.
    Anyhoo...I had wolvie sitting at 4.4.4 and heavily debated on green or yellow for my final cover. Decided I like the healing factor over the quick spamming of attack tiles. I rack them up fast enough anyway icon_e_wink.gif
    The red was a very close addition however, that quick 2k strike is pretty BA with a couple attack tiles.
  • Changedx
    Options
    I just maxed my Wolv** yesterday, and I think it took about 1600 ISO for the last level. The last 20 levels probably averaged 1500 ISO each, so 22k should get you from 40 to 57 or so? 17 levels * 1300 = 22k.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm currently using a near maxed thor/wolvie/O. B Widow team, and I believe that that team is probably the most rounded 2* team that exists. You have a useful ability in every single color, and the team just works really well together. build strike tiles to make espionage deal tons of damage, then having thor shake up the board when it gets clogged and topping off with a O. Widow heal. Since you don't have any spidy covers, widow is going to be your only source of healing for a while, so I would definitely pick her up. In terms of who to level first, I would get them all up to a respectable level (40-50ish?), and then focus on the ones who are buffed in the current pvp/pve events to make a push in those (so wolvie right now, which almost singlehandedly lets you do well in the hulk missions).
  • Dexxter wrote:
    Wolverine** is probably your most useful full cover character, it's just a shame you didn't put 5 covers into feral claws...that 1 AP difference can be huge in its spammability. That said unless you really want to rebuild him to what most say is optimal, just level him up and enjoy the power boost.
    Yeah, I have recently built him. I never thought he would be good, so I sold all of my last covers, and spent all of my iso on Storm, Thor, Ironman. I also just recently began Cap...I've been selling all of the wrong covers like a freaking noob.
    Anyhoo...I had wolvie sitting at 4.4.4 and heavily debated on green or yellow for my final cover. Decided I like the healing factor over the quick spamming of attack tiles. I rack them up fast enough anyway icon_e_wink.gif
    The red was a very close addition however, that quick 2k strike is pretty BA with a couple attack tiles.

Sadly, that was absolutely positively the wrong choice. While your thor is slightly off, 5/4/4 vs the preferred 5/5/3 isn't that big a deal. 5 green vs 4 green for wolvie is a big deal. Not bad enough to start another probably, but over time you may realize the error (especially if you fight enough ppl with wolverine). Also, negative Nancy, but his red totally contradicts the character. 2 thor hammers do way more damage as you get strike tiles added twice, plus it causes cascade, plus strike tile damage is added to the cascades. Way more damage. His red is mediocre.

That said, he is still your best bet along with thor. Can't go wrong leveling either of them really. I'd consider redoing wolverine but that seems like its not worth it for you (or most) since its not like you completely butchered him with a 3/5/5 build. Widow is absolutely your #3 given what you have here...and luckily it is actually built well cover-wise. The black has nice synergy with strike tiles.
  • Yeah, another thing I never considered until yesterday, was looking into forums :-/
    I was looking up the XF Wolvie to see if he was worth building or selling, and was really surprised at what I found. Then today before I dumped him...I pulled another Green cover. So ill keep him in hopes they correct the 2* better than the 4* issue lol
    Now that I've read up more on opinions and 'reviews' on each cover build, I've seen the errors that I've made, but cannot pull myself to begin anew...

I can also get 11.7k if I dumped my 1* covers to build up my 2 and 3*s. Would that be a considerable option since I'll be in the 50s soon, causing these starters to become obsolete?

Thanks again to you all!
  • Yeah, another thing I never considered until yesterday, was looking into forums :-/
    I was looking up the XF Wolvie to see if he was worth building or selling, and was really surprised at what I found. Then today before I dumped him...I pulled another Green cover. So ill keep him in hopes they correct the 2* better than the 4* issue lol
    Now that I've read up more on opinions and 'reviews' on each cover build, I've seen the errors that I've made, but cannot pull myself to begin anew...

I can also get 11.7k if I dumped my 1* covers to build up my 2 and 3*s. Would that be a considerable option since I'll be in the 50s soon, causing these starters to become obsolete?

Thanks again to you all!

No, you never know when they will do a 1* tournement. Also, 1* storm is viable even among 3*** characters in boosted tournements like lightning rounds due to the best ap building move in the game and a red that grabs environment tiles.

Thanks again to you all!

No, you never know when they will do a 1* tournement. Also, 1* storm is viable even among 3*** characters in boosted tournements like lightning rounds due to the best ap building move in the game and a red that grabs environment tiles.

True. Glad I didn't jump the gun.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Don't expect a 1* tournament anytime soon. IceIX posted earlier that there weren't any planned for the immediate future (he said this while hinting at the no man's land tourney last week). I would hold onto the 4* wolvie: even though it's useless right now, the cover is very rare, and you will regret it if it's a required cover for a PvE event mission or they buff it in the future.
  • Don't expect a 1* tournament anytime soon. IceIX posted earlier that there weren't any planned for the immediate future (he said this while hinting at the no man's land tourney last week). I would hold onto the 4* wolvie: even though it's useless right now, the cover is very rare, and you will regret it if it's a required cover for a PvE event mission or they buff it in the future.

I will keep with hopes that they indeed make it better...
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Don't expect a 1* tournament anytime soon. IceIX posted earlier that there weren't any planned for the immediate future (he said this while hinting at the no man's land tourney last week). I would hold onto the 4* wolvie: even though it's useless right now, the cover is very rare, and you will regret it if it's a required cover for a PvE event mission or they buff it in the future.

I will keep with hopes that they indeed make it better...

I believe Invisible Woman was required for a random mission in the hunt, so I would expect wolvie to be required at some point in the future. Probably more realistic to hope for that than the buff!