Buy-out Commanders -- (make demotion easier)

FaustianDeal
FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
edited November 2014 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
One of the most frequent arguments I have seen/heard when attempting to demote/kick a commander: "what if they put up HP for roster slots, and, therefore, own some stake in the team."

Could it be possible for other commanders to 'buy-out' another's stake in the team? Commander X bought 2 slots for 1300HP, Commander Y offers to repay Commander X his 1300HP, Commander X no longer has 'skin in the game' and can be demoted without having incurred a loss.

I have seen suggestions were teams could pool resources to fund new roster slots ("everyone kicks in 100HP, instead of 1 person kicks down full 1500HP for 15th slot" sort of thing). The same dynamic could be applied here if need be since the commander in question, through terrible luck, was responsible for the 20th original slot...

Comments

• Agreed with this one - or any kind of facility to encourage bad commanders to step down.
  • I still think the person who started the alliance should be higher then everyone else. Just makes no sense why they don't have a leader in the alliance.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see where you are coming from here, but I'm not seeing how D3 makes more money this way rather than the current system. Somehow I doubt this is going to happen considering that factor.
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    I see where you are coming from here, but I'm not seeing how D3 makes more money this way rather than the current system. Somehow I doubt this is going to happen considering that factor.

For this: D3 does not make more money in this fashion but it would at least make the community / game play better. Right now I'm stuck as a commander in an alliance that is harboring a 'barely active' deadbeat commander that we cannot get rid of. Ruins the game for everyone and frankly, I'm losing interest in the game because of it.
  • My alliance also has a "once in a while" commander who can't even help us get the 200iso for the resupply. It's so frustrating.
  • Pwuz_
    ErnDiggity wrote:
    For this: D3 does not make more money in this fashion but it would at least make the community / game play better. Right now I'm stuck as a commander in an alliance that is harboring a 'barely active' deadbeat commander that we cannot get rid of. Ruins the game for everyone and frankly, I'm losing interest in the game because of it.

Well, it looks like you've got an out now. Start a new Alliance, and invite everyone from your old alliance to join you. Only 3 more days till every Alliance is equal (well in terms of positions available, not quite in quality of members.)
  • I'ma llittle annoyed they aren't going to do anything to compensate those that have already spent the money on building the alliance. Even if it was just a few thousand isos that wouldscale down based on total numberr of slots currently available.
  • Pwuz_
    Odirty117 wrote:
    I'ma llittle annoyed they aren't going to do anything to compensate those that have already spent the money on building the alliance. Even if it was just a few thousand isos that wouldscale down based on total numberr of slots currently available.

As the only Commander of an Alliance of 19, (honestly would be upgrading to 20 in a few days if this wasn't happening anyway), who sacrificed his own roster diversity for Alliance growth, I can only hope they do something for us.

Every single slot in my Alliance I opened was the result of the near total expenditure of my HP on Alliance slots at the expense of nearly ALL other HP expenditures. No shielding, no more health packs than what come naturally, no HP recruit tokens (ok, I did spend on some 50 HP Anniversary tokens, but that's it), and ONLY enough roster slots to fit every 3* or 4* I got my hands on.

That said, I think the reason that D3 has been so obtuse about compensation is that Alliance slot reimbursement is a complicated issue. There is NO blanket resolution that would be fair for everyone. I put in a ticket because I do feel cheated a bit at this point.

Do I deserve the same remuneration as someone who saved up his HP opened an Alliance and bought 19 slots all on Monday? Certainly not. What about the guy who was promoted to 19th commander under the agreement that he pay for the final slot, refused (cause he's a jerk like that), the alliance fell apart, all other commanders left, and he has now become the single commander of 19 inactive players? Again, not equal. I assume that they are looking at each ticket on a case by case basis. I don't know what info that D3 has access to regarding who pays what for alliance slots, but I think that even if they have an omnipotent view of all the data about each and everyone of us, it really is too much for a team of even 100000 people to drudge through arbitrarily.
  • I agree that I would rather not share with everyone since I and one other guy spent most of the money to expand. But I want to get something so if I have to share it it's better then nothing.
  • Opening HP trading of any kind would open up a can of worms when it comes to people hacking the client. We've already seen how some people know how to hack enough to get Lvl 395 characters. It seems like demiurge's security is a joke; so why would they take a chance on losing money by opening up trades? You'd see "MPQ HP for CHEAP!" sites popping up.

TLDR, this isn't going to happen.
  • daibar wrote:
    Opening HP trading of any kind would open up a can of worms when it comes to people hacking the client. We've already seen how some people know how to hack enough to get Lvl 395 characters. It seems like demiurge's security is a joke; so why would they take a chance on losing money by opening up trades? You'd see "MPQ HP for CHEAP!" sites popping up.

TLDR, this isn't going to happen.

Who said anything about trading hp?
  • Pwuz_
    I think he was talking about the OP which said something to the effect of buying out existing commanders from their stake in an alliance. The thread started before the recent announcement about making all alliances 20. Honestly I think this change may be partially in an effort to minimize the types of scenarios of 15 commander Alliances with each being expected to buy the next slot.