REQ: Display your defending team within an event

areacode212
areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
With all the different events that can occur simultaneously, it can be hard to keep track of the various teams you're fielding. It's especially annoying when you get the message saying that you just got +90 points and you're wracking your brain trying to remember what awesome defensive team you last played in that event with.

Right now, when you enter a particular event screen, it displays the last team you played with anywhere in the game, but with that event's "Needed" character (if any) in the middle. Instead, can you simply just displaying that event's defending team?

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the ast two PVP events, balance of power and all stars, I found Juggernaut, Black Panther and OBW were superb.
    See, redtile.png and greentile.png are only used by Juggernaut, so the AI won't save them up.
    Likewise, purpletile.png's only used by OBW, so she'll steal stuff.
    yellowtile.png and blacktile.png's only used by Black Panther so he'll place strike tiles and unleash his black ability whenever it's available.
    bluetile.png is covered by OBW for healing or Black Panther for defense.

So there's almost no overlap for colours, you do a butt load of damage, plus cascades with Jugs, insane damage for Black Panther.

It's just...not a good combination if Juggernaut isn't powered up any.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    While I like the idea behind the suggestion, there's a bit of difficulty with implementing the idea clearly.

For example, players don't necessarily see your latest winning team in an event. They see the team you last won with when the server queued you up for them. Further, what if you lost your last fight? What team would be displayed when you go back into the character select screen?

"Last team used" as the default character selection in any given event is a good idea (and I was under the impression that the game already did this in a limited capacity when teams involved required characters). But, it wouldn't exactly be your "defending team," because unless you've won all your fights in an event with the same team comp, you could have many defending teams visible to players who queued you at different times.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Related idea: when you get attacked, I'd like to be able to see which formation of mine they attacked.