Some characters need a target overlay for their abilities.

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
Couldn't think of another way to describe it.

The biggest example, and the reason I made this topic, is GSBW. Her Sniper Rifle ability blows up a target shaped hole in the board. Stylisticly great, but it's difficult to aim efficiently if you're trying to take out multiple countdown timers.
Is it possible to code some kind of graphical overlay to make the tiles, say, glow as you move your mouse/finger around, or as you select the target tile, to show which tiles will be affected when you press OK to fire it off?

I know this affects only a few selected characters since a lot of characters destroy random tiles, rather than a shape/ X-force Wolvie would benefit from this too...but I can't think off the top of my head anyone else.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Inferno and World Rupture should have an overlay too, but Sniper Rifle is a very obvious one. For that matter I dont' always remember which direction the 2X3 box is centered around for Pistols. It's probably not necessary if it's something self explanatory like Twin Pistols but other abilities would certainly benefit from that.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was going to include Inferno, but since that always goes in the same place it felt like less of a requirement. Since you can't select a target tile (it simply activates) it would be tricky to show where it fires. Unless they mod the ability to let us place it where we want. Which would be nice.
  • I was going to include Inferno, but since that always goes in the same place it felt like less of a requirement. Since you can't select a target tile (it simply activates) it would be tricky to show where it fires. Unless they mod the ability to let us place it where we want. Which would be nice.

It can just show the overlay when you mouseover Inferno or World Rupture. I've used those characters enough now that I know what the pattern looks like but that's just because both happen to be strong characters. If they're weaker I probably wouldn't bother memorizing their patterns.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking the exact same thing during the last GSBW event. It's a good idea nad makes sense. At least Inferno and WR are static placements so you know where they'll land every time they go off.
  • I try to visualize Sniper Rifle's reticle every time and I give up and choose one of the four tiles in the middle instead. A target overlay would be great.