"Get Lucky" The PVP Event Where Anything Can Happen

Options
My first event idea was to remove the boosts, but this next idea is much more interesting to me. Instead of just removing boosts altogether, let's make things more fun? If D3 introduces Domino/Black Cat/some other probability/luck based character, how about make an event where there are randomly assigned status effects in each fight? These effects can be positive as well as negative, depending on your perception. Here are some examples:

A lightening storm is coming into the battlefield! Every 5 turns, x amount of gems are removed from the board and one person on each team gets stunned for a turn.

Buy three, get one free! Every match you make gets you an extra AP of that color.

Prolonged Iso-8 exposure may have some side effects. One person on each team is suffering from confusion, and has a 20% chance of attacking a teammate or another enemy instead of the targeted enemy.

A wild sandstorm appears! All characters have a 10% chance to miss their strikes, and one blue tile turns into a yellow one each turn.

The possibilities are only bound by the programming. I'm sure that there can be much milder random effects, but I just like the notion of having to change your strategy based on your environment (let's be honest, most of the environment tiles are extremely under/overpowered at higher levels) as well as who you are going up against. Think about it as Mortal Kombat's "Test Your Luck" mode, but, you know, without the blood and murder. To avoid hurting the new players just as much as my former idea, perhaps you could be allowed one or two slots to place your own boost and have the random effects assigned as soon as you press Fight. To promote the new characters, you could give them the Red Iso-8 boost and give any team with that character the ability to "re-spin" to a new random battle effect once per fight.

Any suggestions/feedback/tweaks?

P.S. Yes, I could have chose any sort of famous quote regarding luck instead of a Daft Punk song ("Feeling lucky, punk?", "Press Your Luck", etc.), but with the way that the current PVP events are set up, in order to get the best rewards, you may have to stay up all night to Get Lucky.

Comments

• Ya, I and other people have suggested tweaks like this to PVP.

Too lazy to look for the thread, but one of my suggestions was to have random weekly conditions running in SHIELD training to spruce up what has otherwise become a boring vanilla PVP grindfest.

e.g. This week, all players start every match with +1 to all AP. Next week, any time a player matches blue AP, they collect double the amount. The week after that, all characters have Wolverine-style regeneration and heal twice as fast out of combat. etc. These events would obviously be temporary and cycle out weekly.

I think it could be a good way to spruce up SHIELD and keep it interesting. At this point, anything to make SHIELD more interesting would be a plus.
  • Ahh, I didn't realize that it was suggested already (probably due to my own hubris). I haven't really done SHIELD events until now for the Iso-8, and it does makes sense to use the concept for SHIELD since it's based on Danger Room technology.