2001-3000: cardpack.png
3001 & below: standards, iso8.png

Alliance:
1-100 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.pngyellowflag.png

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Note that there is a node on the main season page! You can team up with a level 127 5/4/4 Goddess of Thunder to fight some HAMMER goons.
  • Note that there is a node on the main season page! You can team up with a level 127 5/4/4 Goddess of Thunder to fight some HAMMER goons.

That's a great idea - have they ever done that before?
  • Sooooooo, those of us who aren't in an alliance pretty much don't have a chance to win 4 star.png Thor? That doesn't seem very neighborly.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She'll be added to tokens eventually. This is exactly how the Nick Fury rollout went; he was an alliance prize in Season III before being added to event rewards and finally tokens.

(Also, you can join an alliance. Many top 100 teams have steady recruitment!)
  • Nighthawk81
    Nighthawk81 Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Note that there is a node on the main season page! You can team up with a level 127 5/4/4 Goddess of Thunder to fight some HAMMER goons.

That's a great idea - have they ever done that before?

No and if you grind the node today you get double iso. So about 900 if you count the 1* cover you will inevitably pull from the standard token.
  • I hope they start doing that more often for newly released characters. That way we can get a feel for them!
  • Just a theory, but I'm thinking (if the devs follow any sort of logic) that we will NOT see PvP events featuring the characters rotated out of the token packs for this season. I could be wrong, of course, but it's just an assumption that we won't see Crotchdevil, Loki, Doom, Patch, Torch, Rags or Punpun in their respective PvPs.
  • dearbluey wrote:
    Just a theory, but I'm thinking (if the devs follow any sort of logic) that we will NOT see PvP events featuring the characters rotated out of the token packs for this season. I could be wrong, of course, but it's just an assumption that we won't see Crotchdevil, Loki, Doom, Patch, Torch, Rags or Punpun in their respective PvPs.

Pretty sure that will be correct. I also think we won't see them as PvE rewards either.

I would think it's highly likely that we will see PvP events with icon_colossus.pngicon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_beast.pngicon_caroldanvers.pngicon_shehulk.png this season, and have at least one or two of those featured in PvE.

With the rotation, I have a feeling that the characters rotating back in will get features each season, along with anyone new who is released in the meantime.
  • With points still doubled, SHIELD Simulator seems to be getting an extra-hard push. At the rate things are going, I might be at 1000 before the weekend is over.

That said, I'd be a lot happier if the covers were better. Can't see pushing above 1900 in this one.
  • Wow I came back late in this game again missing the last two seasons and having no alliance. Not sure if I will do well since I'm back and there are a lot more new characters....
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    Wow I came back late in this game again missing the last two seasons and having no alliance. Not sure if I will do well since I'm back and there are a lot more new characters....

Stay away. They keep making it harder to catch up.
  • question! ok, so this is the first time i've ever placed this high this late in a season (currently #18 and ahead of #22 by 250 points) and i'd really like to win 2x 10packs. do you seasoned vets know how much movement there is in the rankings in the final hours? asking cause i'm an EU player and i guess i need to figure out whether or not i'm gonna get any sleep tonight haha. i cant tell how many points #25 currently has but i'll just assume that i'm 300 points ahead as of now. will that be enough to hold onto top25?
  • unco_dan wrote:
    question! ok, so this is the first time i've ever placed this high this late in a season (currently #18 and ahead of #22 by 250 points) and i'd really like to win 2x 10packs. do you seasoned vets know how much movement there is in the rankings in the final hours? asking cause i'm an EU player and i guess i need to figure out whether or not i'm gonna get any sleep tonight haha. i cant tell how many points #25 currently has but i'll just assume that i'm 300 points ahead as of now. will that be enough to hold onto top25?

Ultimately, it depends on the players in your bracket, and how close the battle for 25th is.

Using my bracket as an example (since it's the only one I can see)

imIfXs8.jpg

I'm in 28th, and am 800 points behind 25th. In theory, yes I can make that up, but I'm at 1100+ in Colossus PvP, and 1900+ in SHIELD training. The amount of resources I would need to spend, as well as the time shield hopping, would outweigh the gain I would get by earning a second 10 cardpack.png . 27th is probably is the same boat - not worth the effort for what will likely be 2500-3500 iso8.png after selling the covers which the bulk of us in my bracket probably don't need.

26th however has a shot. Less than 100 points is easy to make up, especially by waiting until the last minute. Because of that, I'm going to guess that 22-25 are going to play a bit more to try and keep their spots. They can see 26 chasing them.

That could happen in your bracket (I have no idea how many points you or anyone around you has), and push you down a few places.

But I would assume that if you've been hovering around the same placement for a while, you're probably safe. You would need 8 players behind you to pass you, and chances of that are likely low.
  • thanks for your thoughts! there hasnt been much movement at all in the past 8 hours, i've stayed 400 in front of #23 the entire time so it seems like i'll be safe. i'm in a bracket with whitecat31 in first place
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    unco_dan wrote:
    question! ok, so this is the first time i've ever placed this high this late in a season (currently #18 and ahead of #22 by 250 points) and i'd really like to win 2x 10packs. do you seasoned vets know how much movement there is in the rankings in the final hours? asking cause i'm an EU player and i guess i need to figure out whether or not i'm gonna get any sleep tonight haha. i cant tell how many points #25 currently has but i'll just assume that i'm 300 points ahead as of now. will that be enough to hold onto top25?

Ultimately, it depends on the players in your bracket, and how close the battle for 25th is.

Using my bracket as an example (since it's the only one I can see)

imIfXs8.jpg

I'm in 28th, and am 800 points behind 25th. In theory, yes I can make that up, but I'm at 1100+ in Colossus PvP, and 1900+ in SHIELD training. The amount of resources I would need to spend, as well as the time shield hopping, would outweigh the gain I would get by earning a second 10 cardpack.png . 27th is probably is the same boat - not worth the effort for what will likely be 2500-3500 iso8.png after selling the covers which the bulk of us in my bracket probably don't need.

26th however has a shot. Less than 100 points is easy to make up, especially by waiting until the last minute. Because of that, I'm going to guess that 22-25 are going to play a bit more to try and keep their spots. They can see 26 chasing them.

That could happen in your bracket (I have no idea how many points you or anyone around you has), and push you down a few places.

But I would assume that if you've been hovering around the same placement for a while, you're probably safe. You would need 8 players behind you to pass you, and chances of that are likely low.
    I am at 12671 and in 50th place. Why do I keep getting the death brackets?
  • verbeek98
    Options
    try 15,060 and in 23rd...not my idea of fun
  • Nefesh
    Nefesh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    I feel you guys...
    I'm 258 in this season having 8031 points only 50 points behind of top250 (thanks for all 166's for kicking me down)... but anyway all this points and not even top250?? it's just a big tinykitty disappointment...

UPD: what do you think I got from my 6 heroic tokens (3 mine and 3 for ally)? 6 x star.pngstar.png ... no comments! a month for nothing!