Suggestion for Balance of Power

Throw it in the garbage and give whoever thought it up the golden dunce cap.

There should be some reward ( even if it be intangible ) for players who spend the time and money leveling up their players and supporting puzzlequest.

The idea that a noob with a level 40 juggernaut and venom can come into balance of power and wreck shop is simply outside the realm of lucid thought.

Sure there is nothing stopping us from all having such a character, but that isn't the point.

Comments

• This was voted as one of the 2 most popular versus events. People like it (even veterans) b/c you get to use any of the characters in your roster. So peeps you rarely use b/c they're undercovered or underleveled get a chance to shine. There's a lot of reasons to like this event, and the survey they conducted shows that people do like it.

For myself, I finally get to try out Sentry / Daken / Hood (as my Daken is under-covered and my Sentry is underleveled). So I'm looking forward to this.
  • hello

balance of power it's best pvp, everyone can win!!
    change its conventional pvp

good game and good pvp icon_e_wink.gif
  • There should be some reward ( even if it be intangible ) for players who spend the time and money leveling up their players and supporting puzzlequest.

The reward for this is strong in 90+ % of events. Is it really so painful for you that you would begrudge that newb with a maxed Jugg a few days to run around like one of the big boys? It is obvious why the masses love these events, and it is more challenge for the veterans than they are used to in normal events but like Riggy says at least try to enjoy yourself, you might even have some fun with it.
  • I don't see anything inherently sacred about X Force or Sentry's ability to dominate PvP versus Juggernaut headbutting everyone in Balance of Power. The PvP game doesn't seem to be designed for fairness, but if everyone had Sentry and X Force, you'd have the same problem anywhere else too, so Balance of Power just highlights the problem. Maybe if we had enough Balance of Power events D3 might even see the underlying issue of how fighting 5 slightly different teams that are exactly as strong as yours just doesn't work in their current model.
  • Riggy wrote:
    This was voted as one of the 2 most popular versus events. People like it (even veterans) b/c you get to use any of the characters in your roster. So peeps you rarely use b/c they're undercovered or underleveled get a chance to shine. There's a lot of reasons to like this event, and the survey they conducted shows that people do like it.

For myself, I finally get to try out Sentry / Daken / Hood (as my Daken is under-covered and my Sentry is underleveled). So I'm looking forward to this.
    Yeah except all the draws i get feature the same small group of opponents which means the match making is screwed or you are wrong. Oh well. Take a break until this ill conceived garbage round is over.
  • Riggy wrote:
    This was voted as one of the 2 most popular versus events. People like it (even veterans) b/c you get to use any of the characters in your roster. So peeps you rarely use b/c they're undercovered or underleveled get a chance to shine. There's a lot of reasons to like this event, and the survey they conducted shows that people do like it.

Yeah except all the draws i get feature the same small group of opponents which means the match making is screwed or you are wrong. Oh well. Take a break until this ill conceived garbage round is over.
    So your complaint actually has nothing to do with the event, and everything to do with the matchmaking system. So really, you're going to have the exact same problem in every event - that you can skip an opponent and get the exact same person as the next opponent (or that you cycle through the same 6 or so opponents). Think about what your actual complaint is - it appears to actually have nothing to do with the event and everything to do with the known issues surrounding matchmaking.
  • It isn't always about winning all the prizes. Yes, winning prizes is good, but I don't have the first clue how to actually win BoP, due to everyone being strong enough to damage my team enough to stop my progress. So, if I get into the top 100, at least I get one more Magneto.

The point is, Balance of Power is fun. It's for having fun. It means you can use Juggs and Venom the way the computer does. It means you can use your one-star Iron Man like he was a four star. It means you can use Falcon to make unreal strike tiles. It's fun. Try different things.

Don't be all butt-hurt that your usual combo isn't running the board. Try doing something else this round.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    I love BoP because it breaks the monotony of Season play. I don't think it is makes sense during Season play for the reason that you mentioned, but otherwise, let's change it up now and then, forget about rewards, and just have fun.