New York Comic Con Wrap-Up (Photos)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi all,

We're back from a week in NYC for New York Comic Con (Oct. 09-12) and a splendid time was had by all!

The Marvel Puzzle Quest team, which included; myself, Joe Fletcher (Producer) and Michael Cerven (Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications) had a grand time meeting with longtime fans of the game. We also had fun showing off MPQ to folks who had never played before and watching them go hands-on for the first time. We had a blast participating in the Marvel Live Webcast with MPQ co-writer (and Iron Man scribe), Alex Irvine.

Our daily raffles, where we gave away Iso-8, Hero Points, Marvel comics and in-game covers to lucky winners, were eagerly awaited and always well-attended.

The best part for me was hearing in-person how much players loved the game. I'm not exaggerating when I say it seemed like every minute or two someone was telling us how much they enjoyed 'Marvel Puzzle Quest.' Those who let us know they were big fans included NYCC staff, an artist from Marvel and a member of the NYPD!

Here's a quartet of photos from the NYCC show floor. We'll let you know when and where you can come say "Hello" and hopefully win some free swag when we have the next event confirmed.

Thanks to everyone who was able to attend and took the time to come by! You rock!

Marvel_Puzzle_Quest_NYCC_2014_01.JPGMarvel_Puzzle_Quest_NYCC_2014_02.JPG
Marvel_Puzzle_Quest_NYCC_2014_03.JPGMarvel_Puzzle_Quest_NYCC_2014_04.JPG

Comments

• J: why you no in Hood cosplay for your pic?
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Also, why isn't there a large disco...I mean whitecrit.png ball hanging over the booth?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Ludaa wrote:
    Also, why isn't there a large disco...I mean whitecrit.png ball hanging over the booth?

We had a disco ball but Dazzler skated off with it.
  • I still can't believe I missed out on Hood playing MPQ haha!

Anyways, it was awesome to meet you guys! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, is Joe Fletcher the secret identity of IceIX, by any chance?
  • J: why you no in Hood cosplay for your pic?

Because I was in it a lot of other times, but the cape was long and a hassle to walk around with (people kept stepping on it). And was quite hot. So I'd wear it for a couple hours at a time, but didn't wear it the whole weekend.

Pix of that for anyone who missed it from the other thread:

icon_hood.png costume pictures.

CXCE5iH.jpg?1

Gy6sngt.jpg?1
    oxYA55b.jpg?1
  • It would be nice to put some names into the faces in the pictures. I wasn't able to come and meet you because I live in EU, but it would be nice to know what you look like being that some of you are in these pictures icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    It's more likely the' Michael Cerven. Hell, the guy is in our retirement alliance and I don't even know his name.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    It's more likely the' Michael Cerven. Hell, the guy is in our retirement alliance and I don't even know his name.

I think it is either John Smith or a different name. One of the two.
  • JamieMadrox
    DayvBang wrote:

Regardless, he's the guy in the green shirt in the top right photo I believe.

Edit: I was wrong. He's the one in the white shirt in that photo and the red shirt in the other.
  • I see a Hood and a Lazy Hood in those pics icon_e_wink.gif

Just being silly. Sorry!

Edit: tiny screen. The one in red at the top isnt Hood, is he? Joke failed...
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    DayvBang wrote:

I only *wish* I were The Doctor.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    DayvBang wrote:

I would say yes. This would explain why there's been little communication from IceIX about the 2 year "sadiversary" (coined by a buddy of mine). If Joe Fletcher is IceIX, that means he's at NYCC again this year, so not available to frequent the forums. I could be wrong, and if I am, then sorry for the confusion.

Link goes to post that is in the spoiler
    Pylgrim wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    To be fair, I never looked at the spoiler thread and the reason I know there was supposed to be another version of Cyclops was because Joe Fletcher let it slip in the Marvel interview.

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2408 ... st_cyclops

"This 3* (rare) version of Cyclops runs off the power and leadership side of Cyclops’ persona, with abilities that show off the more brute force side of him as opposed to the Hawkeye-like trick shots that he’s also perfectly capable of. "

Can't blame this one on the spoiler thread. :p
    With that one, I was speaking in general terms, not announcing a new character. I also talked about Ego the Living Planet on the Marvel Live Steam at SDCC recently, doesn't mean it's planned (or is it?). :)

Wait, wait IceIX = Joe Fletcher? icon_eek.gif

Link goes to post in the spoiler
    ...I really like that both IceIX and Joe Fletcher mentioned Monica Rambeau in their posts and interviews respectively....

On an unrelated note, what does it mean when you click on a person's username, and you get a message that says "The requested user does not exist." If you click on any other person's username, you get taken to their profile with their username, statistics etc. With the user in question, they have plenty of feedback, and you can access that, so clearly, the requested user does exist. When I tried searching for the member by their username or their exact post count, the search page also returned no results. When I search for any other person by that criteria, it pops up. Anyways, just curious.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Darn necro! I saw a red poster, clicked it, saw it was from Oct 14th and thought, "Is David Moore a timelord?!?!"
  • JamieMadrox
    lukewin wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

I would say yes. This would explain why there's been little communication from IceIX about the 2 year "sadiversary" (coined by a buddy of mine). If Joe Fletcher is IceIX, that means he's at NYCC again this year, so not available to frequent the forums. I could be wrong, and if I am, then sorry for the confusion.

Link goes to post that is in the spoiler
    Pylgrim wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    To be fair, I never looked at the spoiler thread and the reason I know there was supposed to be another version of Cyclops was because Joe Fletcher let it slip in the Marvel interview.

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2408 ... st_cyclops

"This 3* (rare) version of Cyclops runs off the power and leadership side of Cyclops’ persona, with abilities that show off the more brute force side of him as opposed to the Hawkeye-like trick shots that he’s also perfectly capable of. "

Can't blame this one on the spoiler thread. :p
    With that one, I was speaking in general terms, not announcing a new character. I also talked about Ego the Living Planet on the Marvel Live Steam at SDCC recently, doesn't mean it's planned (or is it?). :)

Wait, wait IceIX = Joe Fletcher? icon_eek.gif

Link goes to post in the spoiler
    ...I really like that both IceIX and Joe Fletcher mentioned Monica Rambeau in their posts and interviews respectively....

On an unrelated note, what does it mean when you click on a person's username, and you get a message that says "The requested user does not exist." If you click on any other person's username, you get taken to their profile with their username, statistics etc. With the user in question, they have plenty of feedback, and you can access that, so clearly, the requested user does exist. When I tried searching for the member by their username or their exact post count, the search page also returned no results. When I search for any other person by that criteria, it pops up. Anyways, just curious.
    I know the answer. I'll tell you for a stark.
  • lukewin
    I know the answer. I'll tell you for a stark.

How about just $100 but you gotta spend it on another game, not MPQ? <<Not serious about $100.

I found out the unrelated part. It's due to the user changing their forum name multiple times.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/12/ne ... rk-ruffalo

Did you run into either of them???
  • lukewin
    Malcrof wrote:

This thread was brought back from the dead. October 14, 2014 was original post date. I didn't go, not sure if question was directed to me.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going to lock this thread, not because there's anything wrong, but because I don't want people to confuse this with info from the current 2015 NY Comic Con.
This discussion has been closed.