the ELO system

pony mad
pony mad Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
Hey, i thought i would add some thoughts to this topic, especially since some things are bugging me for some time now ~

First of all, the problems im facing:

1) the 166+ wall
When im participating in PvP-Event, it always starts the same. I get enemies at about level 94, sometimes a few level more or less. I can beat those quite fairly, my highest Characters are about lvl 100-130, so i will win most of those fights, but i also take a decent amount of damage sometimes, it is entertaining and rewarding. As soon as i reach the score of 600, this changes to the well-known 166-inferno. All, i mean literally, all enemies i can find are 166, some even higher due to being buffed for that event or the hilarious 4*-wolverine-people with too much money in their pockets. No way to beat those, no point in fighting those. i MIGHT be able to win a single fight, but i will need all my health packs afterwards and i will also have used boosts.

2) The punching bag
After reaching a score of 600, im also earning a lot of attention and get attacked by the 166+-players in a hilarious speed. After i finish a single match, i get notifies of having lost 70-90 points mostly.There is no way to retaliate against them.

3) The Stagnation
Being not able to reach the useful rewards due to 1) and 2), there is no way to rise up and go even witht hose people (unless i win the lottery and send my winnings to Marvel).

My ideas on a solution:

A) Groups
At the beginning of an event, it is quite okay to fight people who are a bit lower than myself, But a rising challenge is what should follow. If the system would group player by their Characters, they would fight on even grounds. So after a few won matches, the enemy pool should get stronger, but it should not jump to the maximum. A limit at "your highest level character +15 level" would be a fitting challenge. It would also encourage people to buy more healthpacks healthpack.png since there is a chance to beat these people.

B) Invisibility
I dont mind being attacked by people i at least have a chance to retaliate against, so similar as in my suggestion at A), it would be a far more interesting challenge if only people at my rank and slightly higher/lower could challenge me. Being invisible/grouped away from the 166+ group equals a lot more fun than being farmed and trashed like a punching bag.

Just my two cents on this issue. I think it would be more enjoyable to all players while still encouraging them to spent money on this game. I can spent 20 bucks from time to time, but seeing the 166+deathwall, i would need a whole lot more to be able to keep up, so it is more discouraging to invest right now.
thanks for reading :]