Tourney -- Attack Magnet. Lose the most points.

Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
In the typical tourney, top scores might be 1200, 1150, 1107, ...

Suppose it also listed the total points lost
1200 / -30
1150/ -120
1107 / -780

That third guy deserves something. I've been that third guy. For a possible tourney, a special prize would go to whoever lost the most points. Or perhaps they could do that in every tourney.

Comments

• mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would actually be interesting to see total points lost in a tourney.

I don't know about actually awarding a prize based on it, though. Wouldn't it just encourage players to enter and then retreat from (or intentionally lose) fights?
  • You know, there could be a set of "achievement" awards that get prizes in addition to placement - most points lost could be one, but also things like an Efficiency award for highest average points per win, Grinder award for lowest average points per win, Attack Magnet as Nonce described, Scarecrow award for fewest times attacked (with a 500+ tournament points floor), Most Retaliations, etc. If they go global, they could do a bunch of them. It would be a fun little add, and the prizes don't have to be earth-shattering (2k ISO?).
  • Bagtastic, win 3 matches in a row at 800+ points using bagman (no shields)
  • mags1587 wrote:
    It would actually be interesting to see total points lost in a tourney.

I don't know about actually awarding a prize based on it, though. Wouldn't it just encourage players to enter and then retreat from (or intentionally lose) fights?
    You would only count points lost defensively.

The achievements thing sounds interesting too.
  • I would think it would be times attacked rather than times lost, because just lossing shouldn't be given a reward. Although being the player that gets attacked the most should be rewarded.
  • Hmm that would be a tricky one, whomever gets the most defensive ~wins~ gets a prize, that one would be harder to earn.
  • Hmm that would be a tricky one, whomever gets the most defensive ~wins~ gets a prize, that one would be harder to earn.
    Man, as if we don't have to grind enough as is. This seems like it would require you to constantly recover lost points with no shielding so as to look as juicy as possible all the time.