The Hulk Event - An FAQ

Comments

• I think we're still around 9000 fewer players in the event as well.
  • finwe wrote:
    Got early hulk, did 4 main events but only 2 sub brackets opened.

Yep, just did the mains but no subs for the two extra missions.
  • The Hidden Stash missions obviously aren't supposed to be open until Hulk joined your side. I suspect since this event is already ran once, it may already have the "Hulk is unlocked" flag set as true so we can see these missions that we're not supposed to see yet, but we can't access the actual sub-bracket since Hulk is obviously not actually unlocked yet.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    The Hidden Stash missions obviously aren't supposed to be open until Hulk joined your side. I suspect since this event is already ran once, it may already have the "Hulk is unlocked" flag set as true so we can see these missions that we're not supposed to see yet, but we can't access the actual sub-bracket since Hulk is obviously not actually unlocked yet.
    IIRC, it was only showing up for people who did the hulk when it was showing up at the very begining
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the slower build this time, it'll be interesting to see if anyone hits 50k at all. I'm really surprised they ran such a long event so soon after the first time, but I guess it gives them a good way to fill the holidays with mostly proven content.
  • It depends, as always, on the people at the top.
  • The rubber banding is finally kicking in now that the point values for missions are going up - this is the first time I've been knocked out of the top 20. Since we haven't even unlocked Hulk yet, I'd be surprised to see even 70 people get a red Pun this time around. Everyone's been waiting for the rubberband.
  • The rubber banding is finally kicking in now that the point values for missions are going up - this is the first time I've been knocked out of the top 20. Since we haven't even unlocked Hulk yet, I'd be surprised to see even 70 people get a red Pun this time around. Everyone's been waiting for the rubberband.

same... just check back my rank suddenly out of top 300... guess time to back for more grinding...
  • Must be my lucky day, got the green check mark on PhD, Nuclear Physics after my first four play.
  • The later missions are simply worth more points in general compared to the earlier missions. For example the first entire cycle on the easy bracket is worth 70 points (you can see a lot of people tied for 210 in the end of first day), while Big Guns is worth 200 points base by itself. So of course you'd expect to see a lot more movement when the missions themselves are worth more.

Yup rubberbanding is in effect , I was in top 20 also , and bam back to 300's. Have not missed a single point yet on a mission, this is what happenned last event to me and somehow I ended up 1st on the final day.... which confused the heck out of me.
  • I thought I'd put in more effort this time but I forgot so quickly how these four sub events broke me last time. I probably have more free time than most people on these boards but this is crazyness.

Last time at this point I said I'll be happy with a Green and Black Hulk cover and that was exactly what I ended up with. This time I'll shoot for the red too.
  • Yeah I'm currently #1 but no desire to keep grinding on all 4 of these subs.
  • jozier wrote:
    Yeah I'm currently #1 but no desire to keep grinding on all 4 of these subs.

Just passed you and I haven't collected all the 500 iso rewards from Greenland or done a single mission in Canada.
  • Misguided wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Yeah I'm currently #1 but no desire to keep grinding on all 4 of these subs.

Just passed you and I haven't collected all the 500 iso rewards from Greenland or done a single mission in Canada.

Yeah rubberbanding is taking over. I haven't collected all the 500 ISO yet but I will do that at some point.
  • Think I'm going to go for all iso/tokens. After that I'll grind anything that gives out over 100 points. Don't need the Red Punisher anymore so whatever happens, happens.
  • just wow... due to rubberbanding the rank point difference so huge... now i get why many ppl mad about it icon_evil.gif
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Great job on the FAQ.

However, you do realize by making a FAQ like this, you encourage people to throw tantrums like children during PvE events until someone takes the time to explain it to them?

It's not to crazy to think people can figure some of these things out on their own with a little intuition, experimentation, and patience. Hell, it's how I placed #10 in the main bracket.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Great job on the FAQ.

However, you do realize by making a FAQ like this, you encourage people to throw tantrums like children during PvE events until someone takes the time to explain it to them?

It's not to crazy to think people can figure some of these things out on their own with a little intuition, experimentation, and patience. Hell, it's how I placed #10 in the main bracket.

Right, but he mentions in that first post that it was due to the amount of people already asking the same question over and over and throwing tantrums because of previously explained stuff that they still didn't understand (because they didn't bother to read anything the first time).

Very few things bother me more on here, but unlike Nemek I'm not nice enough to help them out.
  • Kelbris wrote:

It's indicative of modern day society, that the masses require their collective **** to be wiped icon_rolleyes.gif