Disable Team-Ups in PvE

I would like to see enemy team-ups disabled in PvE since it makes it quite a bit harder than the already scaled opponents you are fighting against. If to make it fair you need to disable them for the player at the same time then that would be an option also. What does everyone else think?

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    I don't mind AI Team-Ups. Of course sometimes, most of the time, it's a decent enough ability, but most of the time I don't care about losing a turn, losing some health or losing, period. If the AI is low level, they don't get anything good and can't hurt me; if they are scaled, I would like an extra ability to deal with them and get a sweet victory TUp reward as well.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    I agree with disabling team ups for AI in PVE. With the scaling at high levels, having a Rage of Panther or some other sick ability come out of nowhere is frustrating to say the least. I chose to take on the node based on the enemies featured. Not enemies + random character ability.

I've never liked the Team Ups feature and i still dont mainly because the AI can use theirs willy nilly without thinking about whether they should since there is no 'loss' of the ability on their part. For players, we have to consider whether to use it or hold off on it unless necessary. If we use it, we have to collect it again. The AI doesnt have to.
  • I agree with removing Teamups in PvE as well, especially for teams mixed with minions. It makes no sense to see minions using a Team Up after the "Hero" has gone down. It makes sense to have Team Ups availiable to PvP to add further protection for your team but it's just a nuisance in PvE.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oldboy wrote:
    I agree with disabling team ups for AI in PVE. With the scaling at high levels, having a Rage of Panther or some other sick ability come out of nowhere is frustrating to say the least.

It's not really out of nowhere. First thing I do is check the AI teamup. If it's useless (like Trickery), I'll let them farm TU all day. If it's not, then I will determine how important it is to deny white relative to what else they can do.

That will be easier once you can start stealing white with Hood/OBW/Shulk/whoever, but for now it's part of the strategy, and not necessarily a bad part.