Could this be a solution to token/character probability?

Seasick Pirate
Seasick Pirate Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
This thought just came to me dealing with something else, but I think it could be applied to this game.

What if after the RNG did it's job, there was a check to see if the player ended that cover. So if a player has 5 of a single ability equipped already, the RGN kicks in again. Probability of rarity and such can remain this way and new characters can be added without have to remove older characters. This keeps it fair for new players and veterans alike.

Say the RGN finds a blue 3* Spider-Man cover for me. Since I already have. 5 of them, it then finds a blue 1* Hawkeye and gives that to me since I do not own that character.

It wouldn't mean everyone suddenly gets only 3* & 4* covers now, but if you need one, you might be more likely to find it. There should also be a limit on how many re-spins the RNG does, like you will always get the second cover it finds no mTter what. Obviously I'm thinking out loud and won't put much effort I to this without being employed by D3 but something I think could work.

Comments

• FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    You'd have to force the 'reroll' to give a character of the same rarity otherwise you'd just end up increasing the rate of 2*s of being given out (probably bad from a player perspective). It also doesn't really work too well for newer players since they'll still have really bad odds of getting 2+ covers of the same character in any sane amount of time (of course even with the 1.5% odds we used to have weren't good but depressing the rates down even further is going to make a bad issue worse).