The tournament system is a complete joke

Options
So after 5 hours of non stop grinding and falling from 790+ points back to just barely 600+ points in a matter of 5 battles I was knocked from 1st place with a lead of 100 points back down to 4th place ( which happened 3 times icon_twisted.gif ). What was even worse was I found out that even if you skip your attackers, they'll still be able to find you and attack you again in a matter of 5 minutes. What a joke.

I mean is this tournament system completely broken or are the Devs just going to show you that there is no way in hell grinding will help you at all in this game.

So for now I'm just quitting all tournaments. No point in wasting countless hours just to get screwed in the end by a **** broken system. icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

Comments

• With this current system its not good to grind a ton beforehand. its only good to grind the last hour or so. and even then, you get attacked 5 times in the last 5 min and still lose. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Considering I reached close to 800 points for the heroic token and had it snatched away from me 3 times, tells me how screwed up this **** point system really is. How the hell can anyone even try to reach that point if your gonna consistently get screwed every time you reach that limit.
  • the threshold for what you are feeling used to be around 1100-1200 mark before the scoring got messed up. and it was just as frustrating then. I've written off any rewards above 700 in a tourney that is broken like this, its just not worth it.

in a broken tourney you lose exactly as much as the other guy gains. so -25 for you +25 for them. it makes counter attacks pointless, it makes attacking someone with 100 more points than you the only way to really advance without too many counters because it's not profitable for them to hit you back.

and yes, get to 500 points, then play the last 15 minutes and try to only attack 5-6 people to get to 1st... it's a broken way to play but it works in a broken system, its all about avoiding counter attacks
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Catalyst wrote:
    the threshold for what you are feeling used to be around 1100-1200 mark before the scoring got messed up. and it was just as frustrating then. I've written off any rewards above 700 in a tourney that is broken like this, its just not worth it.

in a broken tourney you lose exactly as much as the other guy gains. so -25 for you +25 for them. it makes counter attacks pointless, it makes attacking someone with 100 more points than you the only way to really advance without too many counters because it's not profitable for them to hit you back.

and yes, get to 500 points, then play the last 15 minutes and try to only attack 5-6 people to get to 1st... it's a broken way to play but it works in a broken system, its all about avoiding counter attacks
    Good luck actually finding someone who is the same level at you past 500 (i.e. breaking even at 25 points), much less 100 points higher. The real problem is the ruts the MMR gets in
  • I also dislike the way tournaments work. If you're not on during the last 30 minutes, you get knocked down. once I was 2nd with 1 hour left, went to eat, and check back 30 min later to get knocked out of the top 10. It's sort of stupid that it's only the last few minutes that matters, especially when 1/3 of events end at 6 AM my time.