Eight Is Enough - Oct 3 - 5 - Season VI

Options
2»

Comments

• HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Not what I was expecting, but I'm certainly happy to finally be able to take my maxed icon_blackpanther.png to the correct 5/3/5 build. He's been maxed and stuck at 5/4/4 for a long time.
    Me too as long as I can pull in a top 25.
  • I'm actually happy that BP is the reward since I don't need him. Now it's either furious elbow pushing to 1100pts for that Doc Ock cover or just lazy 300pts and hope for lucky event token pull. Hmmmm. I might go with the lazy. It's cheaper and less effort. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Well i see why Doc ock is awsome at pve and very bad at pvp.. Using Hood instead of Daken and Doc Ock black power becomes obsolete like his blue power.. Using a loaner and XForce Hood.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    thebigbang77, if you're here, you can have the Fury (if it was Fury blueflag.png , this would play out differently icon_lol.gif ).

However, I'll be hopping once well after the 3-hr mark (in terms of HP cost, 2x3hr = 1x8hr shield, so YOLO), so you'll need to outscore my hop (and watch out for KungFuRaptor). icon_cool.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I can see why last minute sniping is so popular now. I started this morning and pushed up to just shy of 800 in one go in a little under two hours (thanks public holiday!) and only used one healthpack doing it.

I may have to do this again for rewards I need to fight for...
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    I can see why last minute sniping is so popular now. I started this morning and pushed up to just shy of 800 in one go in a little under two hours (thanks public holiday!) and only used one healthpack doing it.

I may have to do this again for rewards I need to fight for...

One of my alliance mate, Raphael, played in the last stretch starting from around 700+ points. He ended at 1300+ point. He used only one shield at the whole pvp.

Indeed it can be very profitable.
  • I went from 700 or so to 1286, got hit 2-3 times on the way up but kept going. Out of health packs and such so I stopped a little shy of 1300 (though I "crossed" it twice but didn't get it due to hits, and I don't actually need the baglady) and threw up a 3 hour shield. Highest I've gotten before shielding. Someone lost a hit so I'm at 1293 and looking decent for a T5.
  • Another event, another time for me to get **** over. Can't even break 100 this event because I can't go more than 2 matches without getting destroying by a maxed Hulk/Daken/X-Force/Sentry team. I'd love to play something else, but apparently matchmaking thinks my one level 166 guy means I should be in the elite bracket. **** it, I'm just going to sell him so I can face something reasonable. I'm sick of getting curbstomped in event after event. I play this game to escape the shittiness of real life, why is Demi so intent on **** on their players?
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Another event, another time for me to get tinykitty over. Can't even break 100 this event because I can't go more than 2 matches without getting destroying by a maxed Hulk/Daken/X-Force/Sentry team. I'd love to play something else, but apparently matchmaking thinks my one level 166 guy means I should be in the elite bracket. tinykitty it, I'm just going to sell him so I can face something reasonable. I'm sick of getting curbstomped in event after event. I play this game to escape the tinykitty of real life, why is Demi so intent on tinykitty on their players?

Oof. Just spent all my HP today on shields trying to make sure I got top 25 in this one. Just as it ended, my place dropped to 26. icon_e_sad.gif (BP is one *** I have more than 7 covers for). I have been trying to make the 2-3 transition for so many months and it is getting discouraging.

Ah well, nothing to do but play or quit.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Another event, another time for me to get tinykitty over. Can't even break 100 this event because I can't go more than 2 matches without getting destroying by a maxed Hulk/Daken/X-Force/Sentry team. I'd love to play something else, but apparently matchmaking thinks my one level 166 guy means I should be in the elite bracket. tinykitty it, I'm just going to sell him so I can face something reasonable. I'm sick of getting curbstomped in event after event. I play this game to escape the tinykitty of real life, why is Demi so intent on tinykitty on their players?

It doesn't get much better even without your 166. I just missed out on a 3* cover again (just) as I kept getting the absolute points **** beaten out of me (again).

Any yay, Sentry rewards for next PvP. Oh boy...
  • My second ever win on a pvp icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif ... ended with 1395 points. At start i wasnt to go for 1º place was just aiming for top 5, but when i finished my first run i was 1k and the the person on first was with just 1124 points and i tought what the hell im going for first. 2 Shield hop with xwolv and hood and first place was mine icon_e_biggrin.gif .
    Just used sentry hood 2 times. The rest of the time always xwolv hood.
  • Nellobee wrote:

Oof. Just spent all my HP today on shields trying to make sure I got top 25 in this one. Just as it ended, my place dropped to 26. icon_e_sad.gif (BP is one *** I have more than 7 covers for). I have been trying to make the 2-3 transition for so many months and it is getting discouraging.

Yeah, that's the worst part of it. Every time I come on here and read about how everyone has all these max characters that they got. And then they just snag up all the new characters, and all I can do is fall further and further behind. I've been trying to move to the 3* stage for 6 months and can't get anywhere. And everyone else is just dancing in the rain. And the thing that really gets me is that deep down, I know I'll never get to be as good as them. That's why I hate this game so much. It's the same problems as real life. I think you're right... I think I'll try to quit again. It's a fun game, so I want to play, but it's clear that I've done something "wrong" and mangled the matchmaking and don't have any shot at being successful. I dunno, I just wish Demi realized that people want rewards for playing, not competing. I'm sick of competing when I know I'll never win.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nellobee wrote:

Yeah, that's the worst part of it. Every time I come on here and read about how everyone has all these max characters that they got. And then they just snag up all the new characters, and all I can do is fall further and further behind. I've been trying to move to the 3* stage for 6 months and can't get anywhere. And everyone else is just dancing in the rain. And the thing that really gets me is that deep down, I know I'll never get to be as good as them. That's why I hate this game so much. It's the same problems as real life. I think you're right... I think I'll try to quit again. It's a fun game, so I want to play, but it's clear that I've done something "wrong" and mangled the matchmaking and don't have any shot at being successful. I dunno, I just wish Demi realized that people want rewards for playing, not competing. I'm sick of competing when I know I'll never win.

The trick here is to really lower your expectations (as one has to do with much about this game), give it time (more) and focus your focus (PvE and points in PvP for some extra bonus bits and some season points) - anything more is a bonus. This game is really an endurance marathon, compared to a sprint. Until they try again and make this thing more decent for every player, there is simply no point in beating yourself up about it. Recent gameplay changes across the board have solidly cut back on the giving out of 3* covers and a newer player in this transition is worse off in comparison to a longer time player, but it just is what it is. You aren't alone.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    I went from 700 or so to 1286, got hit 2-3 times on the way up but kept going. Out of health packs and such so I stopped a little shy of 1300 (though I "crossed" it twice but didn't get it due to hits, and I don't actually need the baglady) and threw up a 3 hour shield. Highest I've gotten before shielding. Someone lost a hit so I'm at 1293 and looking decent for a T5.

Pretty much the same - got to low 1300s and used a 3 hr shield - put me in 1st temporarily. I was well ahead of fifth so decided to do a last minute hop for 1st - made some pts but not enough, but upper 1300s on one shield is better than usual.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pretty sure I'll log in later and find that my 776 still wasn't good enough for top-25, but I knocked off max Sentry-Hood twice on the way up with Mag-Storm, so that was fun.

Now if I could go back to the place where I didn't see max Sentry-Hood with a score in the high 500s, and 776 was top 10ish material, that'd be fantastic.
  • Ugh, Deathbracket city. I could not get above 700 to save my life, and it appears thaat I would have needed 900 to get top 25.

I thoulght the X-Men were gonna calm down their insane pushes...
  • Every single one of my matchups is against a 200+ level xforce.

Getting a bit rediculous.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dragma wrote:
    Ugh, Deathbracket city. I could not get above 700 to save my life, and it appears thaat I would have needed 900 to get top 25.

I thoulght the X-Men were gonna calm down their insane pushes...
    It's not just the X-Men anymore and from what I see, the only way to keep them from climbing high is to not provoke your way into #1 or top 5 if there are multiples. I've had brackets with X-Men and reasonable scores but I can tell you that it was practically a shut out at top 5 in the last hour.