GUIDE: Guaranteeing that your 1st Cover is a 3* or 4*.

Options
Unknown
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
It took me over 100 tries, but I finally pulled the X-Force Wolverine.
Now I am ready to share my method with you.

NOTES:
  • This works on Android. I’m not sure if one is able to “Clear Data” from an App in iOS without completely uninstalling/reinstalling it.
  • Until you’re happy with your cover, DO NOT link your App with your Facebook account.
  • Until you’re happy with your cover, DO NOT register a name for PvP.
    (Each time you reset the App it will lock out the previously registered name for use)
Okay, here we go.
(Cycle time = 5 mins)

STEP 1
In the H.A.M.M.E.R. map, complete the 1st tutorial battle.
(this method will not work unless you do this battle first.)

STEP 2
Advance your system clock to the next day 3 times, you should receive the following daily reward messages:
  • Heroes are Fully Healed
  • Free Iron Man cover.
  • 100 HERO POINTS from Nick Fury
  • 500 Iso (FYI only- this is not necessary for this exercise)
NOTES:
  • With the exception of the "Heroes are healed" message, each reward must be collected before the next one can pop up.
  • If the rewards' collection prompt windows aren't popping up, open the Recruit Heroes menu, then exit out to the map.

STEP 3
Use the free 100HP to buy a 150HP cover.
Like it? Register a PvP name, link your acct to Facebook, and enjoy the rest of your game.
Hate it? Clear the App's data and try again. (This wipes out all progress made)

You're welcome. icon_cool.gif

Comments

• From what I've heard from higher level players, the 4* Wolverine (the only 4* in the game currently) isn't really all that great especially when you need 3 different covers to unlock all his abilities and it takes a ton of HP to level up the powers (2500 HP per power level or 25,000 HP to max his powers, assuming you were able to win one of each cover for free) . With that said I still got excited when I got my first 4* cover but I got it the old fashion way, ie. just being lucky lol.
  • BigChris wrote:
    STEP 2
    Advance your system clock to the next day 3 times, you should receive the following daily reward messages:
    • Heroes are Fully Healed
    • Free Iron Man cover.
    • 100 HERO POINTS from Nick Fury
    • 500 Iso (FYI only- this is not necessary for this exercise)
    NOTES:
    • With the exception of the "Heroes are healed" message, each reward must be collected before the next one can pop up.
    • If the rewards' collection prompt windows aren't popping up, open the Recruit Heroes menu, then exit out to the map.

STEP 3
    Use the free 100HP to buy a 150HP cover.
    Like it? Register a PvP name, link your acct to Facebook, and enjoy the rest of your game.

Hate it? Clear the App's data and try again. (This wipes out all progress made)You're welcome. icon_cool.gif

I'm pretty sure that everything after STEP 1 (especially what I highighted in red) would be considered cheating the system. Maybe not so much the clearing the data and starting over - you're wasting your own time doing this - but modding the clock... CHEATING!

No question about it man. I'd really advise you to delete this so it doesn't get reported. This isn't the way the game was intended to be played and I sincerely hope that the Mods and Developers can get together and fix this bug by making it tied to a server-side clock.

I'd -1 you for teaching people to cheat but there is no reputation system on this forum.
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Options
    A reputation system would be cool. Hey, that makes me think, why don't we get a reddit going?

I'd hate to pull activity away from here, but might be a decent idea eventually.
  • hogunner wrote:
    From what I've heard from higher level players, the 4* Wolverine (the only 4* in the game currently) isn't really all that great especially when you need 3 different covers to unlock all his abilities and it takes a ton of HP to level up the powers (2500 HP per power level or 25,000 HP to max his powers, assuming you were able to win one of each cover for free) . With that said I still got excited when I got my first 4* cover but I got it the old fashion way, ie. just being lucky lol.

I'd go along with that. I've levelled up a 4* Wolvie to level 80 and he does some nice damage, but high AP costs put me off using him more often. I'd love to see what a level 230 X-Force Wolvie looks like though.
  • speaking of the ladder, your at the top of my bracket haha....i'm in 5th
  • I noticed... keep it up icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    We'll monitor any fallout from this little tip, but it's not actually as large an issue as it appears at first. One decent cover sounds like a lot, except that it's likely a large time investment to reset multiple times, play through the same Tutorial missions again and again and hope when the Card Pack comes up. Given that you get multiple packs as you move through the game, that advantage goes away pretty quickly. The time movement thing is also something we'll monitor, but it has some real downsides that have been listed out in other threads.
  • I did it without the time thing just pressing right side of tutorial replaying the one where ya need to get hawkeye. Took a while and that's why I stopped at my first 3* was happy to have one of those.......not worth it.....but the again that 3* was Loki......
  • I don't see how this is considered cheating- the developer requires that one be online to play, so this could have very easily been 100% dependent on the server clock; but they chose not to do that. This implies developer consent of the exploit (which frankly promises to be more profitable to them in the long run). Ergo- not cheating.

By your logic, everyone who is using covers in PvP with skills that were leveled with iso and/or the abundance of covers that existed prior to the recent huge update is also cheating due to the enormous advantage the prior version gave them over new players. D3 elected to completely overhaul the system, but didn't subsequently reset everyone's account afterwards. Same deal- Implied consent of unfair advantage. Not cheating.

I'd launch into a more lengthy well-reasoned response RE why this is beneficial for the developers, but I'm typing on a tablet presently. (ugh)

Essentially-
    1) it vests the interest of the player. i.e. Now that have wolv I'll be more likely to spend USD.
    2) players advancing the clock will find themselves missing out on lots of cool stuff because the events are tied to the server date, but the time-remaining counters on the special events appear to also be tied to device time. Further- if you ever go back in time to get said event rewards, the healing clock works in reverse on covers. i.e.- They all die instantly, and have insanely long counters for bringing them back.
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Options
    At the end of the day, you are manipulating something outside of the game's mechanics,perticularly if you are resetting progress to get better covers.

If the devs decide they want to come down on players that do this hard, thats fine with me.
  • With the starting HP set at 125, and a 100hp purchase price on a Heroic pack, you don't even need to complete the first Maggia quest. When told to tap on the gun, back out of the fight screen before the battle begins and purchase a pack. You don't even need to manipulate the clock, which imo is indeed a way to cheat the system. Defeat Doom.
    Defeat Maggie right after Doom.
    Before first battle of the 'tree', back out and purchase pack.
    If you like the cover, carry on...If not, delete and try again. On Android this takes maybe 5 minutes. Ios a tad longer. Happy building!
  • Woah, necropost.

Good to know that the system can still be gamed by my kindred min/maxers out there.

hindsight being 20/20 and all- how ironic is it that, when I was doing this, I passed on a red Ragnarok about thrice before finally getting 4* Wolv. Joke's on me! Roffle.
  • That's karma.