scoring during no man's land

Options
ive posted about earth's mightiest, and the scoring is equally messed up in no man's land which is currently running.

#1 644 vs 537, lost 32 points
#2 about 700 vs 716, lost 25 points. the kicker is I could only gain 26 points back on the counter attack right after it happened...
#3 612 vs 585, lost 27 points
#4 counter attack on #3. now i have 585 vs his 612, i get 27 points. he went up exactly 27 points and I lost 27 points and I get 27 back on counter... this is a zero sum game now... truly broken scoring.

how are we supposed to progress with this scoring?? @devs, can you please fix these tournaments before focusing on adding new features? it's been broken for months for what feels like half the tournaments.

4vTHLxe.png?1

qjBhNuE.png?1

lCMzPcH.png?1

tjbQirP.png?1

Comments

• Don't expect the scoring to be fixed without a client side patch, as per IceIX. Why there has to be a client patch? I don't know, but that's what he said.
  • I don't think they listen to real people. They ''look at the numbers".
  • Damn that team had 600 Points? How can I get into your bracket??!?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I don't think they listen to real people. They ''look at the numbers".
    Thanks for the attack. Untrue. Numbers are definitely looked at, yes. Not listening to the community in addition to that would be a remarkably stupid move. As well, why would we even provide forums for users if we didn't want to listen to users? We have to spend work time moderating them as a result of their existence.
  • so IceIX any timeline on when we can expect these tournament scoring to change to more reasonable levels where we dont lose exactly as much as the other person gained?
  • I'd love to have some sort of update as well. I've seen quite a few threads about this issue.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Thanks for the attack. Untrue. Numbers are definitely looked at, yes. Not listening to the community in addition to that would be a remarkably stupid move. As well, why would we even provide forums for users if we didn't want to listen to users? We have to spend work time moderating them as a result of their existence.

It wasn't an attack on anyone. Just a flippant observation based on multiple past incidents.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

It wasn't an attack on anyone. Just a flippant observation based on multiple past incidents.

Yeah, he definitely doesn't listen, that's why he only has more than 700 posts (sarcasm). I always see him helping forum users with their questions and concerns, seeing the problems becoming fixed within the next patch is proof of it, you probably just haven't observed hard enough.
  • The only time I can recall them citing the numbers Vs listening to the forum is price changes (The cover slots and increasing heroic token costs). And that makes sense. No one on the forum is going to be happy about costs going up. But the numbers said the market was bearing the price (I know I've continued buying slots). Howeer, this is a topic much less quantifiable, I think. And I'm certain they are listening. IceIX already said elsewhere that they did not change the scoring, so it was an unintended change, and now that the holidays are over, we'll hopefully see a quick resolution to it.