HEAVY METAL: Even X-men Can Bleed

Options
This post is on behalf of A.R.E.S. who is currently having problems with his forum account.

2367b9.jpg
256cojq.jpg

THE X-MEN FELL FROM THEIR THRONE. Last PvP - HEAVY METAL, The X were beaten by RaiderOutlaws in epic fight (felt many personal records). The X are well organized multi-alliances, sitting on top, that brings them top players + with so many members they can swap their best scores to get optimal top ranking. The fact they got beaten by single Alliance, with little help of Gods of Sparta , is positive for all MPQ community. I invite all ALLIANCES to cooperate with another alliances, to fight every long term #1, forget about wars between us. The X era should be over soon.

"The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle was over, even X-men can bleed."- 300 of Sparta

Comments

• spccrain
    Options
    You post this so soon after raiders defeat by two x teams in the Fatal Attraction PvP? Yes RO won a PvP and you were rightly congratulated by the X-Men but sustainment is the name of the game. One IM40 PvP does not a fall make.
  • It was a hard fought battle... we still respect x-men for their hardwork. Its just the thrill of the last few minutes that makes hops and high score like this worth it.
  • spccrain
    Options
    Very much agreed salty. Competition is the best part of this game. It's a rush to fight for first! I remember back when X was new it was amazing just to finish top 5 lol
  • Now that I recently discovered the truth about the XMen and the real Behind the Scenes, I have no more problems with the Xmen (I even sent apologies to one of them). They are just geeks crazy about MPQ.

It's their choice to spend so much time and money. I can't blame them considering the time and money I spend myself.

I enjoy having juicy targets when I want to hop. And so does everyone.

It was a hard team work to beat them for once. I did not participate because I was asleep. But I was happy for the Alliance as it was indeed a hard achievement.

Most of the "retired" XMen later join the Top 10 Alliances, and everyone is happy to have such great scorers and experienced guys in their Alliances.

The Top 10 Alliances are really competitive and enjoy the game as it is. So the Xmen are not really a problem.

I'm pretty sure MPQ would be more boring if the XMen were not there. They bring a lot of challence (and juicy targets).

One last point : Above 1400 you only have to skip tax, boost and play Hood/Sentry to score higher. I don't really see the point, since there is no skill to win...
  • I just wanted to express my thanks to x-men 1 and 2. It was nice to receive congrats from you.
    You give us big targets to shoot for.

I would also like to say that I am aware we finished first because we swapped...as other top alliances have been known to do.

A big shout out goes to Agent MAY for agreeing to the swap. Thanks!

Thanks x-men for the time and money you put in the game. I hope that RO has made the game a little more interesting for you.

Good luck and may all your boards be easy (except against us) icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Reply to spccrain about FATAL ATTRACTION:

"20 vs.100" (RO vs. 5 X) the comparations is not equal is a single alliance against 5 alliances (in fact 7), if you tell me first 4 ranks went for The X, I'll put my hat down. RO finished #3 that is awesome. And that is why to finish #1 in HEAVY METAL is incredible

We all know how multi-alliances works: they swap their high score to get optimal top ranking (AFKs cuz real live don´t affect them to much), their low scores make cover fires and they are snipping down all enemy's top scores etc.. I don´t complain about it, it´s smart tactic - part of game.

Indeed, I didn't pretend to presume or make laught of X, I respect all MPQ players and I respect their hard work behind every gained points. Is just about, if few TOP alliances cooperate, The X will have hard time keep <2, nothink more.

On the another hand, as far there are not decent alliance´s rewards (something like: <#2 - 1k HP, <#10 - 500HP, <#25 - 250HP...) to sit on top is a luxury.

PS: indeed Agent May was true hero, the key of all operation.
  • spccrain wrote:
    You post this so soon after raiders defeat by two x teams in the Fatal Attraction PvP? Yes RO won a PvP and you were rightly congratulated by the X-Men but sustainment is the name of the game. One IM40 PvP does not a fall make.

This post is not on behalf of A.R.E.S. but my opinion alone
    I would actually agree. The title of the thread should have been something more along the lines of "Even Gods can Bleed." I think A.R.E.S. message was that more alliances should work together and setup the infrastructure that X-men has worked so hard to build and challenge them more often. I don't believe it was meant just as a brag.

I personally think the X-men are very good for this game as 1/3 of my juicy targets are likely to be X-men and them spending and scoring high very much has a trickle down effect letting those of us that don't spend score even higher. At the same time I would like to see a bit more diversity in the top 5 but that is all up to other teams becoming more organized and/or pushing themselves even harder.
    I would also like to say that I am aware we finished first because we swapped...as other top alliances have been known to do.

A big shout out goes to Agent MAY for agreeing to the swap. Thanks!
    Also this.
  • Each Alliance has its own philosophy.

The X-Men are hard core, and the guys applying there know that beforehand, and that's what they are looking for. They could be frustrated if they were in other Alliances. When they have enough of the Hard Core business, they go to other Top 10 Alliances.

I think we would not see the things this way if the X-Men were bearing different names like any other Alliance. It would less look like an industry and more "game-like".

RO may be 3rd this season, and I know what it takes to rank 3rd. I don't think I would do the job to be 1st. I'm happy right now.

If the X-Men enjoy being first and dominate the Top 10, I now see no harm to that.

They definitely are the locomotive of the community, and are an asset to the game. I'm not sure the other Top 10 Alliances would enjoy being first and being hit badly because they would be the juiciest targets.
  • Ardom
    Ardom Posts: 18
    Options
    Congrats to all the R.O! I cheered you on from the sidelines.