Shield Simulator Rewards

mordennight2
mordennight2 Posts: 31
The rewards for the Shield Simulator are terrible and they give me absolutely no motivation to play in the simulator. There are too many 1-star covers. Nobody wants those.

Comments

• Agreed. At least put some 2* covers after the first three tiers or more Iso-8 and/or Hero Coins. New players can get their 1* covers from static story PvEs and PvPs.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    The other option is just putting 100 Iso at each of those progression rewards.

Though what if while looking at the progression rewards, you could select either the standard cover path, or an Iso Only path. Just select a certain tier of progression rewards, and make any non HP, Token, or Health Pack rewards the equivalent Iso to that point. Think of it as pre-selling those progressions you don't want.
  • The simulator is seemingly a great resource for newer players but those newer players likely won't progress far enough to take true advantage of it. Hell, I'd rather see straight up Standard Tokens than covers of one stars. At least then I'd get a chance at something useable.
  • SharnDM wrote:
    The simulator is seemingly a great resource for newer players but those newer players likely won't progress far enough to take true advantage of it. Hell, I'd rather see straight up Standard Tokens than covers of one stars. At least then I'd get a chance at something useable.

Couldn't agree more with you. Straight recruit tokens with maybe a heroic token at 500 and a 3 star at 1k. Just to have some sort of incentive. I feel that the simulator is the truest form of pvp because you chose your best team against the world. The rewards should match the challenge.

Please fix the rewards so we can all enjoy it.
  • Same here. Tokens would be beter since the beginning of the event.
  • Yesterday I hit 1300 points in Shield Sim but I can't progress anymore due to maxed 3* and 4* opponents. It seems there is no way for a transitioning player to earn a few 3* covers from this. Don't waste your time on it. Got hit till ~1200 with teams that I can't beat.
  • That's the other problem with it. Doesn't seem to be any separate pools for people with un developed rosters.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    KevinMark wrote:
    Yesterday I hit 1300 points in Shield Sim but I can't progress anymore due to maxed 3* and 4* opponents. It seems there is no way for a transitioning player to earn a few 3* covers from this. Don't waste your time on it. Got hit till ~1200 with teams that I can't beat.

Ha, you have no idea!

I'm well into a 3* line-up, and I still have never gotten a single 3* cover out of the Shield Simulator. I tend to hit the wall around the final HP reward. By then the only targets I find are worth less than 15 points and are teams that even my A-team struggle to beat. The Shield Simulator is the greatest embodiment of how the match-making in MPQ is broken.