Heroic PvE vs. PvP

Pwuz_
Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2014 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
I'm sure I'm not the 1st to suggest this, but it deserves to be brought up again.

Why are we running PvP matches featuring the already limited characters of the PvE running concurrently?

We already had Iron Man 40 last PvP. Now we get to look forward to a Psylocke PvP after this Daken event. What's next Human Torch running along side the end of this?

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather not have any of these stupid limited roster PvE events, but as long as they are going to be limited, can we at least feature characters that are NOT being used for PvP at the same time?

It's not like there are so few characters available that this has to be the case. Is there at least a logical reason why? The best I can guess is a lack of communication between the group planning PvP and the group planning PvE.

Comments

• The devs have gone on record several times to state that this intentional in design.

Along with stacking event end times on top of each other, this is done to try to prevent players from ranking highly in many events simultaneously to block players from constantly dominating every single event simultaneously.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lyrian wrote:
    The devs have gone on record several times to state that this intentional in design.

Along with stacking event end times on top of each other, this is done to try to prevent players from ranking highly in many events simultaneously to block players from constantly dominating every single event simultaneously.

Too bad this actually does not work unless they are talking about #1 and maybe top 5. With shields and a deep roster you can score top 10 in PVP and consistantly get top 10 in PVE subs. You might not win #1 but top 10 in each is not out of the question.