New Season Break PvP Mode: Goon Squad

GuntherBlobel
GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
edited September 2014 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
In the spirit of Balance of Power and Combined Arms, which turn the meta on its head, I think we should have a PvP that let's you pick one of several goons (Soldier, Thug, Devil Dino, etc.) to join your team. NPC level can be determined by overall Roster strength.

I want a goon to feed me AP, just like the PvE challenges do for the AI. How about being healed every few turns by a Lieutenant? It would shake up the meta and I think that is what Season breaks are best for.

For once, we'll get to "cheat" like AI.

Comments

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    Each node could be a different goon for your team. icon_lol.gif

I don't think that having different levels for your goons is fair. For the purpose of AP generation, level really doesn't matter.

Though on the flip side, this would turn into Sentry playgrounds. If you thought you were seeing a lot of Sentry players now, just wait till people can choose to have a Pyro feeding Sentry green till he bursts!
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    Each node could be a different goon for your team. icon_lol.gif

I don't think that having different levels for your goons is fair. For the purpose of AP generation, level really doesn't matter.

Though on the flip side, this would turn into Sentry playgrounds. If you thought you were seeing a lot of Sentry players now, just wait till people can choose to have a Pyro feeding Sentry green till he bursts!
    Good idea.

Not worried about Sentry. I think everyone who has him maxed plays him as the default. Can't be worse than it already is, right? But beware GSBW!
  • If you have Pyro you don't need Sentry. In fact Sentry would probably be too slow in the sense that you can only do one World Rupture every 3 turns no matter how much AP you have due to limited space to put them. If you ever fought Ragnarok with green feeder(s) you'll know that he can easily infinite after about 10 turns if he was allowed to used more than one Godlike Power per turn.

I'm thinking they should have a 100 HP buy-in PvE event that guaranteeds at least a heroic token (which is the price of a daily heroic). It'd have mostly themed teamup nodes though you can insert your own guys if applicable. Take the cheapest nodes in PvE events and give that as your team. Loki + Decoy (I think that's the green/black Doombot) + Patch? BP + 2 Muscle? Thor/Devil Dino + 2 Pyros? The nodes need not to be trivial though it shouldn't be too hard even if you're using say loaned level 150 characters against level 300 opposition when you have some of these crazy combos, and if you die don't worry because you probably need at least 2 loaned characters to even make a theme and you can supply a third foder character, and sometimes it should be all 3 loaned.

And the final node should just be a level 200 pre nerf Ragnarok (2 AP Thunderclap), pre nerf 5/5/5 classic Magneto, and maybe you can throw in your third guy against Sentry/Daken/The Hood at level 395.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly that sounds like it would work better as a PvE rather than a PvP.

Just set up the nodes as Yellow with a bonus goon as one of your required members. Each node would have a different combination of goons that you can team up with one or two of your own supplied characters. The more I think about this, the better I like it. Buff the Dark Avengers and make most of the teams heroes and S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.