Keyboard in Alliance chat

Runningwild
Runningwild Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
edited September 2014 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
Hi there,

Can the keyboard be corrected in Alliance chat to commence with a capital letter when you're about to write a message? Also, can the keyboard please be made to be capitalised for the first letter after sentences / entering a full stop? It's currently a pain in the **** for the grammatically OCD icon_e_wink.gif

Comments

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm more concerned with how when using the Alliance Chat that I have so many more mistyped letters than I do on my phone normally. I'm not sure how to fix it though, but it bothers me that there is such a discrepancy on the same device.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    On Android, once you get past the end of the box you can continue typing, but if you mistype over there, bad luck. You can put your cursor only in a word to the left, so many's the time I've had to wipe out a heap of decent text to correct a misspelling at the end. Edlin was easier to use, FFS.

A decent text editor, perhaps with a larger textbox, would be a good thing.

And please move the Send button somewhere else. I've hit it a few too many times while trying to put the cursor near the right-hand side of the textbox.
  • So, to sum up, please just use a regular text input (which, btw, would also fix the problem with this input not allowing text input on android from anything other than the default keyboard). Yes... putting this request in _again_
  • Runningwild
    Runningwild Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Yep. It would seem each version needs to use the native OS keyboard.