New phone and restoring old information

Options
Hey just a quick question.

I recently got a new phone but wasn't hooked up to facebook mainly because I hardly use facebook. I had my old apps transferred to my new phone and I lost all my data. This didn't happen with all my apps just some (this included). I have my old player ID and name and I sent a ticket early this week about my issue of getting my stuff restored. I guess I wanted to make sure that this type of situation is doable and able to be restored? And if so how long do these type of things usually take??

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• I'm having the same issue mars - it looks like the good folks of D3 need to help us out, there's no work-around for it.

If you still have your old phone, and haven't created a FB backup yet on the new one (this is what I did, for I am a BIG FREAKIN' IDIOT), you can probably get on your old phone and do a FB backup on the old app, and then see if you can get it uploaded on the new phone.

However, if you're on your OLD phone/app and it says "Do you want to load the saved game from FB?" then DO NOT DO IT - you'll lose all your data, as your uploading from your new phone, and the completely new game.

tl:dr This situation sucks and shouldn't be this hard, but here we are.
  • Hey bean thanks for the support at least I know I'm not alone. So there is a fix I just have to be patient? (Don't have my old phone icon_cry.gif )
  • I would imagine there IS a fix - even if you don't do the FB backup, that info is somewhere other than your phone, I think (maybe on their own servers). But I'm not sure, bud - I'm hoping they can help you out.

Remember to e-mail mobilesupport@d3p.us with your problem - apparently the in-game e-mail service to their customer support isn't as good, and this e-mail is faster.

Best of luck - the phone-swap issue seems like it should be way easier than it is!
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It would be nice if you could just enter your account name and a password. I tried to install the game on both my tablet and phone but felt very unsure if i would overwrite my account data so i didn't risk it. Would be nice if that could be improved.