A new shield (a QOL suggestion)

What if for each PVP event there was an option to use a free, unbreakable shield that lasts the duration of an event.

Would need like 4 warnings that you cannot play any more matches or earn any more points but your score would be locked in at a certain level, (with possibility of defensive wins still)

This would give everyone the ability to play when they can and lock it in without feeling the need to wake up in the middle of the night or spend an hour in the bathroom at work for the end of an event. Normal shields would cost the same and would still be used by those still climbing, vying for position etc. but something like this would really give a lot more players more piece of mind and keep them from burning themselves out trying to be there for each big finish no matter what hour that might be in their timezone.

Yes yes, I know the first cynical reply will be "but D3 will make less money on shields so they will never implement something like this." I still think it would be a good idea and make more people "like" the game enough to want to spend money on it instead of feeling like they "have to" because reasons. And those who need to come in first and spend the most on shields would never use it anyway because they need the flexibility to earn more points if someone passes them. Thus it shouldn't affect the biggest spenders much at all but would be a great boon to all those players who can earn points but always get torn down by the zombie horde.

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    This would reward shield-hopping in a big way, by letting you lock in your score from a single massive push for the duration of an event.

Maybe if you could still lose points from retaliations, but could not be hit in fresh matches.
  • So it would make more people spend on shields early to shield hop and then lock in? I don't quite see how that would be any different that it is now.