rank system broken?

Options
Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
saw the ranks in no mans land, #1 has like 500 score, but while i go on challenge, i saw a dude with 700 points, and he is not shown as #1?????????

Comments

• Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    cherryloop wrote:
    saw the ranks in no mans land, #1 has like 500 score, but while i go on challenge, i saw a dude with 700 points, and he is not shown as #1?????????

There are multiple tables, the group you get put into depends on the time you start the event. But you can be paired against opponents from other tables.
  • Most PvP events are bracketed. What that means is that the first 200 (or 500, or 1000, etc.) players are placed in the same group, and then are ranked against that group. So first place in one bracket could be 500 points, and first place in another could be 1000 points.
  • aww. so there is not only 1 person that can win the #1 award, its multi people can, different groups icon_exclaim.gif
  • cherryloop wrote:
    aww. so there is not only 1 person that can win the #1 award, its multi people can, different groups icon_exclaim.gif

Yep, the #1 award goes out to anyone who manages first in their bracket.
  • cherryloop wrote:
    aww. so there is not only 1 person that can win the #1 award, its multi people can, different groups icon_exclaim.gif

so how many brackets are they? is it the same with h.a.m.er fights?
  • cherryloop wrote:
    cherryloop wrote:

so how many brackets are they? is it the same with h.a.m.er fights?

# of Brackets would be the # of players divided by the amount per bracket (I think that's 500 for this tournament). The bracket you're placed into is determined by when you first fight someone.

PvE (e.g. the Hulk event) is a mix. The main event (the weeklong one that will give out Hulk covers) doesn't have any brackets, but the sub-events (the daily ones that give out tokens) were bracketed to 2000 players.